Non-resident outfitter license (MT) Bill is up for hearing 2/2/2021 (SB 143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t keep up with the spin.

Maybe you should try selling those couches to the 60% of buyers that must buy them from your store.
I don't over book my hunting. I've overbooked clients. I have always been able to pass off clients so I don't over hunt with over bookings. But it sucks explaining to a client that they may not be hunting with me, but I will find them someone with a good hunt to take them.

Nobody is forced to buy a hunt from me. That seems to be impossible to get through some very thick skulls. When we had the OSL we had years where we had multiple unsold hunts. The license is a vehicle for a client, not an assurance of a client.

I don't over book my hunting. I've overbooked clients. I have always been able to pass off clients so I don't over hunt with over bookings. But it sucks explaining to a client that they may not be hunting with me, but I will find them someone with a good hunt to take them.

Nobody is forced to buy a hunt from me. That seems to be impossible to get through some very thick skulls. When we had the OSL we had years where we had multiple unsold hunts. The license is a vehicle for a client, not an assurance of a client.
And back to I 161, you asked for proof. The last 3 hrs. the opposition came up with approx. 22K signatures. There was video tape of signature gathers signing names out of a phone book. There were signature gathering folks(I eye witnessed in Billings) lie to ppl to get them to sign the petition. Dead people signature on the ballot. The measure passed by a 2-3% margin.

It is impossible to stay on one topic when a thread goes on for over a hundred pages.

I think it is pretty safe to assume that nearly every client an outfitter serves, makes a wage in excess of $28/hr. Most diy non resident hunters who come west to hunt on a semi regular basis, likely also make a better wage than that.

There is an irony that one can hold a position there should not by any sort of minimum wage. That government should not insert itself into that market. Then at the same time, think that the government should steer a certain percentage of non resident hunters into outfitted hunts.

I do not think this latest change in law will stand for long. I expect it to stand for less than four years.

quote]
NewsMax said:

And back to I 161, you asked for proof. The last 3 hrs. the opposition came up with approx. 22K signatures. There was video tape of signature gathers signing names out of a phone book. There were signature gathering folks(I eye witnessed in Billings) lie to ppl to get them to sign the petition. Dead people signature on the ballot. The measure passed by a 2-3% margin.

Last edited:
quote]

NewsMax said:

"opposition" ??? Who is that?
Outfitter Albus seems to say that is the proponents of I-161, but "opposition" would imply those against the initiative (eg: MOGA). If so, then why would Mr. Albus cite this info immediately following "22K signatures" in opposition? Video tape of opposition signature gathering?

I'm confused. Please help clarify.

I do recall questions by the Montana Secretary of State regarding impropriety in signature gathering, however it was explored, vetted, then dismissed as evidenced by the initiative passing and the law enacted.

Either way the questions posed above in post #2527 are answered ... it seems invalid "sour grapes" to bring that up as some sort of excuse for the resurgence of OSL and the unethical legislative slap in the face of the Montana voting populace.

Speaking of thick skulls....how do you not see that it IS an assurance of a client, when the only way said client can guarantee they can use the "vehicle" is by booking through you?

Just come out and say it man. "My clients deserve guaranteed access to your public resource every single year and the rest of you don't".

Last edited:
Sounds like the same folks were at work in Georgia this November. The pillow guy has video - he's just waiting for the right moment for his savior to come reclaim his throne.

Ironic how that one side of the resource allocation debate starts talking about the need for working together to find solutions for a problem after their plans to ram legislation through with a sympathetic majority of legislators failed because it is massively unpopular.

What started out as a “ kick em in the teeth” attitude seems to be shifting along with the realization that the kick only bruised shins and the side being kicked is pissed.

Last edited:
Eric, you might be a great outfitter, but your math skills suck, again. https://ballotpedia.org/Montana_I-1...enses,_and_Dedicate_Revenue_Initiative_(2010)

Note the 7% margin of passage.

This guy figured it out.... I wonder what he tells people who don't have the points to draw the tag.....

View attachment 183007
Colorado is a bad example as they give out landowner tags. I would be more comfortable with an outfitter set-aside with some strings attached than landowner tags. Chances are good that this CO outfitter's best repeat clients are using landowner tags to get around the draw and hunt more often than the average DIY hunter.

Last edited:
Colorado is a bad example as they give out landowner tag. I would be more comfortable with an outfitter set-aside with some strings attached than landowner tags. Chances are good that this CO outfitter's best repeat clients are using landowner tags to get around the draw and hunt more often than the average DIY hunter.
Sure. Yet, he still lays it out there for perspective clients. If he can....Eric can.

@Eric Albus, the issue here is that “draw” you whine about IS FOR A PUBLIC RESOURCE!!! Your clients should have no more rights to that public resource than a NR DIY hunter. Period, end of story. It’s that simple. All the spin you do to avoid this point is just a feeble attempt to defend the indefensible.
A resource held in trust for the citizens of the state. Keep that in mind. If a Guided hunter is more of a benefit to the state they should absolutely have preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back