New Territory

Nice pick up. I am just not a glock guy and prefer the fit of the Sigs (plus I love DA/SA) so I got the Sig P200 a few years back. The extra rounds in the glock would be nice, but I just shoot sigs better. I was surprised at the less recoil compared to my Ruger GP100 .357 (both with appropriate Buffalo bore rounds). It ended up being a very easy shooting gun for being in the woods. No .44mag, but I am more accurate and confident with it than any of the .44mags I have played with.
Ditto.

1911's for me, cocked and locked. Naysayers be damned. I've been looking hard at the Rock Island/Armscor double stack 10mm. They are 16+1.

Now I need to find a way to carry it while wearing my Metcalf. Have a side holster for my Ruger revolver, but it isn't ideal. mtmuley

Nice addition @mtmuley

Been considering a G20 Gen4 (10mm) myself for a while now. Will be interested to hear your impressions.

Oh man good find! It took me a while to get on board with Glock but man I was missing out, I have a G40 long slide that I haven't shot yet, I have been looking for a shorter version as well and had 0 luck, these Glocks are addicting, my wife and I both carry a Glock everyday, got my son a G22 about a month ago he loves that thing!!

Given a Glock when my brother moved overseas last summer, and I really like the thing. Will buy myself one if he ever returns. Have fun!

Last edited:
I have the 21 and was thinking about getting the 10mm barrel. In 45 acp it is a tack driver so I haven't jumped on the barrel swap yet.

I have the 21 and was thinking about getting the 10mm barrel. In 45 acp it is a tack driver so I haven't jumped on the barrel swap yet.
That swap would make it legal in IN for deer!! :D

Some handgun cartridges that are legal for deer hunting include .357 Magnum, .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .44 Special, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt, .45 Winchester Magnum, .35 Remington, and .357 Herrett.

State law also legalizes a handgun that fires the 10mm Auto and .40 Smith & Wesson cartridge.

Some handgun cartridges that are illegal for deer hunting are .38 Special, .38 Smith and Wesson, .38 Colt New Police, .38/200, .38 Long Colt, .38 Super, .38 ACP, .38 Colt Auto, .45 ACP, .45 Automatic, and .45 Auto Rim. All .25/.20, .32/.20, and .30 carbine ammunition is prohibited.

I have been carrying my gen 3 model 20 for 15ish years and love it. Super accurate. Great pistol, you will be pleased.

mtmuley what is the nose design of the hammers they are making? I've seen some that have the nose with 4 grooves length wise from the tip to the crimp line. Report from a local LEO says they create a good wound channel and penetrate real well. Don't recall the brand but they were not hammers.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back