New Territory

I have the compact 29 gen 4. It shoots good and a good conceal carry pistol. The 10mm is a weak 41 mag but is fun to shoot. One of the guys I worked with used his S&W 1006 to put down a Black Bear that had been chewing on a deceased individual. He used the Winchester 175 grain Silvertips. They worked very good but the bear didn't like them. I chronographed mine at 1200 fps out of my 1006.

The 29 was too small for my hands. And the extended magazine was a no go. I can't believe I even found a G20. Got pretty lucky. mtmuley

I've put many rounds through a Glock Mod. 20 10mm. Very nice. I've carried my Model 23 Gen 1 .40 for so long, I feel naked without it. If I lived in the west and spent lots of time in the woods, I'd pick the Glock 20.

Nice pick up. I am just not a glock guy and prefer the fit of the Sigs (plus I love DA/SA) so I got the Sig P200 a few years back. The extra rounds in the glock would be nice, but I just shoot sigs better. I was surprised at the less recoil compared to my Ruger GP100 .357 (both with appropriate Buffalo bore rounds). It ended up being a very easy shooting gun for being in the woods. No .44mag, but I am more accurate and confident with it than any of the .44mags I have played with.

Nice pick up. I am just not a glock guy and prefer the fit of the Sigs (plus I love DA/SA) so I got the Sig P200 a few years back. The extra rounds in the glock would be nice, but I just shoot sigs better. I was surprised at the less recoil compared to my Ruger GP100 .357 (both with appropriate Buffalo bore rounds). It ended up being a very easy shooting gun for being in the woods. No .44mag, but I am more accurate and confident with it than any of the .44mags I have played with.
Right now finding any 10mm is tough. One shop had a waiting list for the 20 eight people deep but most weren't reserving them. Our statewide gun classifieds had a half dozen ads from people wanting one. I got really lucky finding one. mtmuley

I’ve got a Xdm in 10 that I carry in the woods. Love it, super accurate with every ammo I’ve tried but Buffalo bore. Now I’m running the 140 gr XP’s which are insanely accurate and will punch thru anything.

I’ve got a Xdm in 10 that I carry in the woods. Love it, super accurate with every ammo I’ve tried but Buffalo bore. Now I’m running the 140 gr XP’s which are insanely accurate and will punch thru anything.

My buddy at Hammer is cutting some 10mm bullets. 152 grain. Speaking of punching through anything. mtmuley

My buddy at Hammer is cutting some 10mm bullets. 152 grain. Speaking of punching through anything. mtmuley
Send me some and my new territory will be auto pistol reloading. Can you use h1000 in that case? Hmm have to look in to it.

Back