Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

new ram 2500

ccc23454

thinking if i don't draw any expensive tags i am buying a new truck. i LOVE my tundra that is 10 years old and has 160k miles but i am ready to upgrade. i have bad back and heated seats would be nice, my tundra doesn't even have Bluetooth... i tow a lot more now than ever planned when i purchased the tundra (does a great job but has limits even with upgrades) so going diesel makes a lot of sense. planning on Ram 2500 long bed with Cummings, whatever trim i get truck will be loaded with options. anyone have a 2019 or 2020 ram that want to give me any feedback or helpful info(options you like/dislike?). this truck will be used 90% of time on hunting and fishing adventures including x-country trips. on a side note anyone want to buy a 2009 tundra?

Having watched several friends with HD Rams this generation of Cummins I would suggest you seriously consider checking out both Ford and Chevy first. While the Cummins is a selling point, the propensity of all FCA products to have "cool" options which fail miserably and electronic gremlins is not something I would drop that kind of cash on. At least drive all three. Granted they aren't heavy duty, but CPO traded in his Rebel (which was nothing but trouble-air suspension never worked right, entire electronic dash went out, intake manifold whine the dealer refused to acknowledge) for an ecoboost F150 FX4 and has been happy ever since. Not a single issue with the Ford and about 3-4 mpg better. Food for thought.

BTW, I drive a Dodge. But Doug is a nice simple 92 W150 :)

I have a 2017 4x4 2500 Cumins 6.7. I absolutely love the truck. The power is unbelievable compared to my 5.9 gasser. As far as any gremlins, I have had none.
When towing our trailer it's like it isn't even there. You will find people who will tell you bad things about any make of truck so buy what makes you happy, I've heard bad about all of them.
I used to get 7-8 mpg when towing with my gas truck, now I get 14-16 mph when towing. Mileage when empty on the highway is 19-21 mpg, with my gasser it was 12-13 on a good day.
0813191055-00.jpg0813191055-00.jpg

Why don't you wait til the new Tundras come out? They will have a different engine, reportedly a twin-turbo V-6 with 450/500 HP/torque...

Thought about it but aint waiting to atleast 2022 (2021 no updates other than a camping package that added bed coolers and a new color!) and even then they are talking about a hybrid as a updated version.. i will pass on anything thats primary propellant is electrons.... I burn dinosaurs!

i know this will be easier to get stuck, my tundra has a level kit and runs 33s and can go just about anywhere but the 2500 will pull that SxS trailer easy or have a atv in the long bed(not a option in tundra). also with the Ram i will have WAY more range than that tiny 25 gallon tundra tank. when i am way in back country i have to take 5 gas cans to extend range of truck and fuel the sxs couple times

this tundra is special to me but i think its time to move on.... i just am worried about reliability, NOTHING compares to these tundras!

I drive the softest riding 3/4 ton I can find, a Chevy with the gas 6.0, for work. Even then it beats me up at the end of the day. I smile climbing into my Tundra instead.
I drove a 2500 CTD for 20 years. There are three absolutes:

1) The motor is awesome
2) They beat the shit out of you
3) If you get stuck you're screwed.

I drove a 2500 CTD for 20 years. There are three absolutes:

1) The motor is awesome
2) They beat the shit out of you
3) If you get stuck you're screwed.
I had a 99 gas Dodge 2500 for a work truck for a summer. I drove that thing up the road to Independence up the main Boulder in the Beartooths. My back was never the same after that trip.

Late model Ram we owned was the single worst vehicle experience we’ve ever had. Bought new at the largest volume Ram dealer in the world. 3500 Diesel with an Aisin transmission that would overheat pulling an empty, three horse aluminum horse trailer. Numerous, numerous recalls and nickel and dime miscellaneous nuisance recalls and annoyances with everything electronic in the truck. Seriously, it was a POS. Transmission issue was never resolved and the customer service we received was the single worst customer service experience we’ve ever dealt with. So glad to be done with that rig and dealership!!!!

Been hearing about lots of aisin issues and many electronic but funny as it sounds hear same thing for all of big3. I am getting a 68rfe and not playing tuner games anytime soon with it so hopefully helps with reliability. Rumor is this is aisin's last year in rams, going to new allison branded tranny in hjghoutputs next year they say... the electronics do scare me, been hearing positive things about all the epa required crap getting better. Southern elk, fine looking truck and thats also going to be another adjustment, i am not camper shelling this truck, probably just a narrow tool box/aux combo for tools/chains and a atv parked behind it when home. With tundra pulling my little enclosed cargo hunting trailer with a sxs in it and all my hunting crap i had to stop for gas every 150-180 miles, new truck 50 gallon primary and may add a aux, MASSIVE range improvements with the diesel.

I have a 2013 2500 that I've own since new it now has 130,000 miles and I think I will replace injectors some time this year.. Mine has the 6 speed G56 transmission. Only 2 things I've had to do was replace the water pump before the recall came out and replace the front ball joints. I also cleaned the truck this year and now I'm getting 24 mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back