MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

new ram 2500

im running an 08 f250 lariat with the v10. Its been very reliable for me and it has heated seats :D. maybe take a look at the new fordf250 with that big 7.3 V8. Ive been seeing some good reviews on that combo. Perhaps when my truck is done for its life i may get one of those. But im hoping for another 10 years of life from mine.

Guys like i said i need to move up, not in quality for sure but in ability and trip comforts. Told 2 buddies i am going tomorrow to look into it and one already has agreed to buy my tundra, so i know it will have a good home and still get to visit with it few times a year. Since i will be recieving yet another refund check from idaho, new mexico and wyoming i got some $....kind of wish i didnt..lol

I've owned 2 yota 4x's, a dodge 1500 4x and am now on my 3rd year/50k+ mi 2500 and will say the only advantage any had over the 2500 is slower to get stuck. No comparison when you hook to 10k+lbs and mpg is comparable. Get you a 3/4 ton RAM and don't look back!

Got a powerwagon after my tacoma blew an engine at 180k last fall. The ride is car-like with those soft coils and imo softer than the tundras we tried. The other trims were stiffer but still soft compared to a leaf sprung truck. Semi loyal to toyota but if youre towing or need more creature comforts and willing to trade durability its an easy choice.

You said You wanna upgrade. A Toyota to a Dodge would be a down grade in all honesty.. Get an F350 and don't look back. Good for 400K miles at least. I am 64 and had 2 ,thats 800k and My back is fine............BOB!

So today tried to order a truck i wanted since there isnt anything on lots with options i want/need. Agreed to price and gave depoit with stipulation need truck nlt 1 aug (start hunt travels 2nd week of aug), not a problem..i am happy and leaving and the salesman grabs me and says no way before september the guy who does all ordering just told him. Dam virus messing is everything up(this is nothing conpared to those actually ill obviously). Deposit returned and so now looks like i wait and see what next couple months hold as nationally i cant find the truck i want or am able to order it. May be a sign to wait till 2021? I think this tag refund money is just straight unlucky and tainted, it will not even let me spend it! The money has now been rejected and returned in ID, MT(truck) NM and WY....lol

What the heck are you looking for that isn't available on the lot? Just curious. mtmuley

A real car sales guy would be on the phone, scouring every dealer's lot across the country for what you are wanting in a vehicle.
Did and he cant find it, i used a nationwide and crazy how few there is. Apparently longbeds are hard to find, looking for several options but that seems to biggest headache. If i would drive a white truck i could get it that seems to be only color out there, but that aint happening. Had several dealers not just this one try to get this truck and all said order it, so i did. And then they learned there plants are backed up from virus related and then there is supply issues coming. Time will tell but this is a inconvience not a real problem so it is what it, lot of people worried about much worse now.!

When i started this thread i hoped i would draw a idaho moose tag and say i have to wait for truck, or post a truck pick by now. This has turned into a little more of a topic that i guess should probably be on the ram hd boards...lol

What about a 3500 SRW? May have better luck finding one of those with the 8' bed and the options you want. Seems like a lot more of those come with the 8' bed than the 2500 models.
Did and he cant find it, i used a nationwide and crazy how few there is. Apparently longbeds are hard to find, looking for several options but that seems to biggest headache. If i would drive a white truck i could get it that seems to be only color out there, but that aint happening. Had several dealers not just this one try to get this truck and all said order it, so i did. And then they learned there plants are backed up from virus related and then there is supply issues coming. Time will tell but this is a inconvience not a real problem so it is what it, lot of people worried about much worse now.!

When i started this thread i hoped i would draw a idaho moose tag and say i have to wait for truck, or post a truck pick by now. This has turned into a little more of a topic that i guess should probably be on the ram hd boards...lol

Ive got the 2019 with the 6.7 Cummins. I absolutely love it and wouldnt teade it for any other truck. It tows my 10k toy hauler like theres nothing behind it. Get around 18 mpg in town 21 freeway, and 12-14 towing up the mountains. The exhaust break works like a charm. Dont have to hit your breaks 1 time going downhill with the trailer.

Attachments

• 20191123_172948.jpg
    20191123_172948.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 16
I bought a 2019 3500 HO back in December. Absolutely love it. The ride has gotten better with the newer trucks. It's still a one ton but it's not bad at all. I've only owned Dodge Cummins since I was 18 (like 9 of them haha) I believe the 68rfe has also seen updates. Might not be a bad idea waiting on that Allison. Mine has the Aisin which I like, but if they offer an allison I'll most likely trade.

honestly,from my expierience ,id be a bit shy on anything new these days,,id recomend searching for a low mile dodge 2500 in the 04.5 to 07 model years with almost no smog equipment on the 5.9 cummins diesel..yes they are very hard to find with low miles,but you may find one,yes i have 1 with only 98k,but its not for sale,i think that you might be disapointed from switching out of a tundra,im sorry ,but the domestic big 3,,,{even dodge ram} are not in the same league as toyota,

Adam, looks good! truck i ordered is same delmonico Red as yours but i added the Night edition as a option. Thinking that red on black is gonna look good, as your does with those rims. Did you lift/level your truck? Last weeks idaho trip had me wishing i had new truck after 7 stops for fuel in the tundra/trailer, it will take 1 with the ram(50gal/+aux) alot of time and money wasted. 338, know there is talk of new tranny and agree they need one but i will not buy the first year of anything so even if comes out soon i would wait so just pressing forward with 2020 model. I plan on running straight stock atleast thru warrenty so 68rfe and the def have hopefully been refined as i have been hearing pretty good reviews. The problem for me is just attention to detail, all 3 of big 3 have their QA issues and thats gonna be hard pill to swallow for this price!...lol

Adam, looks good! truck i ordered is same delmonico Red as yours but i added the Night edition as a option. Thinking that red on black is gonna look good, as your does with those rims. Did you lift/level your truck? Last weeks idaho trip had me wishing i had new truck after 7 stops for fuel in the tundra/trailer, it will take 1 with the ram(50gal/+aux) alot of time and money wasted. 338, know there is talk of new tranny and agree they need one but i will not buy the first year of anything so even if comes out soon i would wait so just pressing forward with 2020 model. I plan on running straight stock atleast thru warrenty so 68rfe and the def have hopefully been refined as i have been hearing pretty good reviews. The problem for me is just attention to detail, all 3 of big 3 have their QA issues and thats gonna be hard pill to swallow for this price!...lol
Its a beautiful color with the black accents! I put a leveling kit with 35x12.50's. The Def is a pain, I run through 5 gallons of Def every 3000 miles. But, its totally stock minus wheels/tires/level and I get amazing fuel economy towing. The only downside to my particular truck, is it has a 28 gallon tank. Might change that out in the future. And, I agree with waiting on the allison transmission. 2 or 3 years into building it and ill buy a new one, but dont want to buy a first year model either. Ill be excited to see a picture of yours when it comes in!

I like my 2005 Cummins Dodge 3500 and dread the day I may have to replace it. Injectors, shocks, tailpipe, minor repairs have kept it going strong. Prior to that I had a 2000 V10, but the Cummins is way better.

View attachment 140000

I like the old school style Ram, saw an '06 in the HD parking lot the other day and it looked as good as yours does.

I got a 2500 Cummins 2016. (with 180,000 miles on it currently)

Off the lot I liked the truck but I missed the instant power of my Hemi with Programmer, CAI, and Stainless JBA headers....

I gave the truck a full hysterectomy at 75K miles do to an unreal and I mean unreal amount of DEF EGR and DPF issues and warning lights....that cost me 3K.

It woke that truck up and gave me WAY more power and I have since paid for the 3K by fuel savings and DEF savings. I now average about 20-24 MPG. Before deletes I was getting 16-20MPG

I still have the original brakes on it. I did replace 1 wheel bearing on it about 10,000 miles ago. Nothing else has been done to the truck and it runs great.

My only regret was that I didn't take the truck from the lot to the performance shop and have them delete that garbage off of it when it had 0 miles on it.

Best advice I can give you today is that if you are going to buy a diesel truck, 1st, buy it used with 50-100K miles on it and take it to the shop and get rid of the emissions garbage. Then run it for a half million and replace stuff or repeat the process.

I will NEVER again buy a new diesel truck. They just want too much money for them.

Last edited:
Back