Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

New Mexico Pronghorn - ACT III

congrats on your buck,,,very cool play by play action,,,i cant wait for my october new mexico antelope trip myself,,,chompin at the bit waiting to go.

Bugler should put his bow down and throw the arrow with his Arms......... I bet it would go further.

It's getting dusk, I bet he's drawing back on a monster right now.

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I'm going to need it. Hunting has been tough compared to other years but at least we are seeing some good bucks. I was hoping to spot and stalk one but I think tomorrow we will be sitting the blind. We should be able to update regularly.

Here are some random pics I had on my phone.

This was a tucked away waterhole with zero antelope sign.
IMAG0319-1.jpg

Another pic at waterhole. Notice the dead cow in the back ground. We have been seeing tons of dead cows.
IMAG0320-1.jpg

Randy making sure we are on public land.
IMAG0321.jpg

This is the place of my last stalk that randy blogged about. Can you say wide open.
IMAG0322.jpg

Randy-All your observations are spot on.....especially the lone buck feeding as your best quarry. Man that grass or lack thereof looks bad......don't wear Kev out!!!! Jimbo

Thanks for the great play by play action! Great reminder of the fun of a spot and stalk antelope hunt! I may have to actually apply next year now that I am living in the land of big antelope. Run into many rattlers while your out there crawling around at there level?:eek: Good luck!

Well guys, not much to add tonight. We set a new blind this evening and hope Bugler can get a nice buck to come near. We have seen some good ones near there, but they have four watering options, so it will be a game of chance, whether or not the bucks will come to his blind and water. While Bugler and Kevin sit the blind, I will be out looking over more country, hoping to find some out of the way place we have missed.

Covered the entire south and southeast portions of the unit today, with no luck. In fact, saw more antelope in the drier looking places than in the places that look to have had some rain lately. Not sure the deal with that. Saw a half dozen dead cattle today. Can't imagine how many are dead from lack of feed or lack or nutrition in what little feed they have. Ran into another tag holder who found three dead antelope laying out in the plains.

Eat some backstraps from my buck. Always cool to shoot them and eat some on the same trip. It was either really good, or I was really hungry. Maybe both. We filmed a lot of that. I hope it makes the cut. I want to show people that taking care of the meat, even in the hottest of conditions, while camped away from civilization, is still our highest priority, Also want people to understand how we took care of the buck, at least how quickly, and how we have kept the meat on ice, in the shade, in good coolers. I plan to take more of the buck to AZ when we hunt there later this week. Will make for some good fajitas and other add ins to the spaghetti.

Gonna hit the rack. Days are long when you get up extra early to film the camp scenes, then get to bed real late after cooking, cleaning, posting on HT, and answering a ton of work emails. Oh well, I suspect those who had to work the last week will shed not tears for me and Bugler.

More tomorrow. Hopefully tales of Bugler's big buck.

Great stuff guys...I know it would be much easier without the constant updates but we appreciate it!

So,am I the only one that wakes up at 3AM wondering how the story goes ? Maybe it's because It's the first time in years I drew nothing with Bugler or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age..... :=)

Got some meetings today so can't check in till later, Good luck later this morning boyz !!!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back