New Mexico Pronghorn - ACT III

Just dropped Bugler and Kevin off at the blind. Gonna be a long sit for them. Going to scout for some stakable bucks once it gets light. Hopfully Bugler gets one at the blind.

View from our front porch.
IMAG0323-1.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

Seeing a few goats. One nice buck at 400 yards but he looks to be heading away. Watching a coyote at 300 yards mousing is keeping us entertained.

I got to the office this morning and couldn't wait to read the updates! Hunt Talk is going to seriously cut into my productivity this year!

It's been pretty Dang slow around here. I can see 3 lopes right now. 2 doe's that are 800 yards dead north of us and 1 buck that is NE at about 400 yards. He's our only option now. With the cool weather things aren't looking to good this am.

IMAG0329.jpg

Just got done watching 127 hours on my iPad. I hope my arm doesn't get stuck under the blind. Because I'm not sure I could do that. Atleast I have Sharp broadheads.

This is so entertaining can't wait to get the next post. Had a vision last night of Randy in a doe hat. A buck was chasing him around some bushes in full rut. Randy was trying to bring the buck by Bugler to get a shot.

Not sure this is a good idea or not..... its raining on the blind and its pretty cool out. Good news is we have a buck bedded at 300 yards. Bad news is he doesn't look thirsty.

Tools of the trade:
Matthews Z7
TightSpot quiver
Montana BlackGold FlashPoint Solaris Sight
Ripcord arrow rest
IMAG0330.jpg

Leupold RX-1000i rangefinder (thanks schmalts)
VPA Terminator 100 Broadhead
IMAG0331.jpg

This is the buck at 300 yards. He is wondering around but not getting any closer. Good news is the sun is out and its getting hotter.
IMAG0335.jpg

Buglers getting restless.......... Posting pictures of his equipment instead of playing Kawika's handheld arcade game.

Is today it ?

Good job randy on a great buck. Great story also. Bryce, good look bud and keep at it. It's just a matter of time!

Not sure where all the antelope have went. I have been out scouting for potential stalking victims, but have found very little today. Good news is that most the hunters are gone. Probably gave up, given the conditions and the absences of antelope.

It is warming up, so hopefully, Bugler will have some come to the water. That would require some be nearby, which is the missing piece from what I can see up here above them.

Forward and onward.

Sometimes you just can't win. Right now I am up high looking at a waterhole we staked our blinds on earlier. Since Bugler is on water four or five miles away, I decided to come up and pull our blinds, in case someone else wanted to hunt there.

Who is standing above the water, looking to go and get a drink? Mr. Prongs who Bugler got so close to yesterday. He is probably the biggest buck we have seen this hunt. Gonna keep my eye on him in case Bugler wants to go after him or sit this water tomorrow. Dang, what a great buck. Mid 80s, for sure.

I hope I don't have to stay up too late tonight waiting for the *rest of the story*, but will do my best. So sorry that wife and I are invited to our neighbors' house for homemade icecream after dinner.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back