New Mexico Pronghorn - ACT III

gman welcome to the site!!!! You can go thru this site for endless days an hunt lol All Kinds of stories, information , ribbing, etc... ENJOY:hump:

Thanks for the warm welcome I'm already addicted now I just got another favorite on the sticky tab for the computer I'm sure my.wife will be thrilled lol

For a moment the story and pictures took me away from this office and to someplace way better. Thanks and congrats. It was worth the wait.

Sorry no big updates today. Spent all day exploring for new spots, with very few pronghorn found. Not one stalk today. Time to gas up and hit it hard this afternoon. Hotter than ............

Good Luck Fin and Bugler !!!! So I watched Episode 1 Season 3 last night (twice) with O-Town. I told him that Bugler is never the first person up and lighting the light like he did in the TV show. He sleeps in every day ends the day early......... I'm sure he's up to his same hunting tactics ;)

Seriously though, You 2 guys hunt harder then almost anyone I know. Keep at it fellas, and GOOD LUCK !!!

A little nap in the truck did Bugler much good. He is now on his third stalk of ghe afternoon. Flatter than flat, but the guy is always confident he can pull it off. This one would be one for the ages.

A few things we consistently notice in spot and stalking.

> look for a lone buck. Multiple bucks or bigger herds are very difficult.

> low light is best. Morning, evening, or cloudy.

> feedibg bucks seem more tolerant. Bedded bucks seem spring loaded.

> we have needed around ten stalks per shoiting opportunity. Keep at it.

> wind matters when trying to get within archery distance.

> they may come to you, but be ready to go to them.

With lots of time to discuss what has worked during the last challenging day, that is what we concluded. We are now on the search for single bucks feeding in low light or cloudy conditions. An agternoon monsoon thunderstorm is bringing clouds, but lots of wind and distant lightning.

I can see Bugler and Kevin on the low crawl, but cannot see their quarry.

Not sure how this will turn out, but we decided to film a stalk from way behind Bugler and Kevin. I am about 150 yards back, trying to film the spectator point of view. Bugler is very close to a big bedded buck. I cannot see all of it from here. Bugler moves and Kevin movrs with him. Bugler stops and holds, Kevin must do the same.

I dare not move any closer to the crest for fear of blowing the stalk.

Bugler is now 45 minutes into this. He is very focused. Hope this point of view gives the audience some perspective of how hard it is to film this stuff.

Ooh, gotta move forward.

Just saw the buck blow out. Man, was he ever close, or at least from my angle. He was a whopper. I can see why he was so focused. On to the next one.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back