Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Mexico Pronghorn - Act II

I will post more as it happens as long as I have service.

And I guess I'm... what? Supposed to get work done with a hunt hanging in the balance? I'm certain my clients will be glad to know that their projects are scattered around not only my hunts in the next couple of months but my wandering "refresh" finger to get updates on a hunt by two guys in funny hats.

I may need to seek some sort of therapy.

Bugler is up for a challenge. He decided to go after the buck with 8 does bedded with him. He is a great buck, but it will be a miracle if you can pull this one off. Right now he is about 250 yards away, doing the "low crawl."

I covered close to 20,000 acres this past weekend. I didn't see 12 bucks to hunt that where mature. That area seems unreal from what I'm reading. Must be really fun hunting there. I might have to start playing the NR game.

I used the hat the last two days. I missed one, needed 2 more seconds on another, and had a doe walk from 100 yards to 20 yards. She really thought I was a real antelope. Had fun using the hat. It works for sure.

The last stalk ended as expected. Good news is that the rain has stopped and we are now looking at partly cloudy skies with really hot weather and high humidity. The fly and bee index is off the charts as I sit here waiting for those guys to finish the current stalk.

Right now, they are back after the big buck of yesterday afternoon. When we saw him on Friday, he was on private but yesterday he was on public and today, he is in the same piece of state land.

Bugler and Troy are making their way toward where we watched the buck bed. We cannot see him from here, as the grass is too tall. We just know where he bedded and they took a heading of the straight line that should put them on top of the buck.

The hard part will be the swirling wind and the high grass. I see them weaving back and forth out there about 800 yards away. I think they are trying to keep the wind from spoiling the stalk.

This is a fantastic buck. I think he is out in the middle of this big tall grass prairie, as very few hunters will mess with him out there. I would love to see them arrow this guy. He would be one for the ages.

I think they have another hour or so to get dialed in on his location, given how slow they are moving. Hope it turns out better than yesterday.

I am loving the play by play action, really makes me feel like I am there with you. Keep them coming! I really hope Bugler is able to stick this buck.

Randy, hurry up and shoot one of those dang things so you can run over and scout for our deer hunt down there:):)

Hoping you and bugler nail some good ones, i've seen a few in MT that have been killed but nothing with any size, epecially like what your chasing.

Awesome!

You won't want to miss Bugler's next post. I hiked back to the truck for packs and headlamps. Sooooooiiiieeeeee!

Gotta run and get back to the scene.

Come on already, its been a half hour! Bryce can pack that thing whole for miles and it won't take him long to do it, trust me, I've seen him do it! Congrats Bugler, I can't wait.........

Congrats Bugler..A spot and stalk archery hunt for B&C class bucks..No one's doing that on TV!..congrats to the crew.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back