PEAX Equipment

New Member to the Forum

shay mann

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shay, I'm from NE Oregon. I love bowhunting and have been doing it for 21 years.

I just wanted to say hi, before I jumped into the mix on this forum. Just looking around today, it seems like there is a lot of good information. And I wouldn't mind being a part of it.

Regards,

Shay

Shay, another welcome from Idaho.
We are headed to our cabin outside of Sumpter this weekend to hopefully take in their world famous outhouse races and poker run. Of course that depends how much mud, gravel we encounter on our sleds going into the cabin. At this rate, the *Elkhorns* are going to be dry, dry for summer/fall. How far NE are you?

Welocme to HT, Shay! Look forward to your pics 'n stories to come!

Welcome, I have been antsy to get over to the Enterprise area and do some archery elk hunting. Lots of great people on here.

Shay, another welcome from Idaho.
We are headed to our cabin outside of Sumpter this weekend to hopefully take in their world famous outhouse races and poker run. Of course that depends how much mud, gravel we encounter on our sleds going into the cabin. At this rate, the *Elkhorns* are going to be dry, dry for summer/fall. How far NE are you?

I live in Joseph, Oregon. You are right, not much in the way of snow out here. Not sure about the Elkhorns, but the Wallowas are well below. I'm hoping for some good snow fall this spring. Crazy weather this year.

Yes, crazy weather. Joseph is a great town. I spent a summer working down on the Imnaha River, on a private survey crew marking the USFS boundary. I was 19 and had legs of steel by the time I went back to school. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I really appreciate it.
I wanted to post a few photos of the area that I like to hunt. And how I like to hunt.

I think I get more satisfaction going on an elk hunt in the mountains using my two trusty mules than I do of any other type of hunting. I don't care if I kill a spike or a branch bull. To me it is all about watching the mules work, and what they do for you if they are treated right and respected.

I'm not a houndsman, but I can only imagine the satisfaction they feel when watching their dogs work.

My buddy John has been packing for 35 years in our local mountains and canyons, he has taught me a ton about packing, mules and horses. Him and I have had some killer adventures.

"Is it September Yet?"

Thanks again everyone...

Attachments

• 2010.jpg
    2010.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 2011.jpg
    2011.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0342.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 265
  • DSCN0526.jpg
    DSCN0526.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 268
  • mules.jpg
    mules.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 266
  • mules1.jpg
    mules1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 267
  • pack.jpg
    pack.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 267
  • shay_kirk_snow.jpg
    shay_kirk_snow.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 265
Hello Shay.

I spent a summer packing out of the Eagle Cap Pack Station when Woody and Marlene McDowell owned it. Beautiful country. Went to U of Idaho with a bunch of guys from Enterprise.

Wife and I keep talking about taking the horses and kids back there for a pack trip.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back