New Member to the Forum

Hello Shay.

I spent a summer packing out of the Eagle Cap Pack Station when Woody and Marlene McDowell owned it. Beautiful country. Went to U of Idaho with a bunch of guys from Enterprise.

Wife and I keep talking about taking the horses and kids back there for a pack trip.

Those mountains are the reason I moved out here. I just wish the season was a bit longer to be up in there. Mid-july to early October seems a bit short.
I don't know Woody or Marlene, but I do know Matt McDowell.

If you remember Barry Cox or John Wynans, I know they did some work out of the Wallowa lake trailhead before.
I worked for Barry for 7 years, and I still pack around with John. Great people.

Never met Barry or John. Worked with Matt and his brother Mark that summer. Matt's wrestling team buddies all worked there so I got a impromptu wresting education whether I wanted it or not....

Damn, now you got ME waxing nostalgic about my time there...

Welcome Shay, Nice pics , I too have a couple of mules I enjoy watching work, best friends a guy can have on the mountain

Never met Barry or John. Worked with Matt and his brother Mark that summer. Matt's wrestling team buddies all worked there so I got a impromptu wresting education whether I wanted it or not....

Damn, now you got ME waxing nostalgic about my time there...

I went to Southern Oregon University where Matt wrestled. He was an animal. Still is. He helped coach my son's wrestling club here in Enterprise. He can still move, I would hate for him to get a hold of me.

Shay Mann...Oregon legend? Very well respected to say the least. Welcome to the site, it's much less Oregon-centric than others, lots of good info and good people working hard to do it themselves.

Crazy world, some how I know you, got your email in my address book, I thought your name looked familiar, did you ever work with Cam? I'm not sure, but I think when I was overseas I contacted you about one of his books, you got it signed and sent over too me, I could be mistaken, my memory is terrible, but do you still have the smpoutdoors email?
Matt

Crazy world, some how I know you, got your email in my address book, I thought your name looked familiar, did you ever work with Cam? I'm not sure, but I think when I was overseas I contacted you about one of his books, you got it signed and sent over too me, I could be mistaken, my memory is terrible, but do you still have the smpoutdoors email?
Matt

I remember !!! I changed my smpoutdoors email. I'll PM you with the new one. But yeah, I remember having Cam sign that book and shipped it over. I know he has sent many since then, but I think yours was the first book that went overseas. Glad you made it back home !

Welcome. Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like a great time!

Welcome for sure Shay!
My bro hunts up there around Joseph/Enterprize on buddies ranch.Always brought home birds and deer once in a while, No elk,tho he tries. He never invited me........waah!

Back