New Ford Bronco

I think the upgraded models are pretty sweet. The sport model looks like a cheap ass version of an explorer

Talking about "where they end up" is kind of a moot point. It is the same situation for all new vehicles except maybe HD trucks. The big picture is that it IS seriously off road capable, looks great harkening back to the OG Bronco AND it is being made by an American company that did not take a bailout as opposed to an Italian company. They sold all 3500 "first editions" last night in about an hour. In a couple of model years (once any kinks and dealer premiums are gone) I MIGHT be tempted.

Last edited:
I want one. Old lady wants to buy a house down the road out of town.

I could buy several broncos for that price. Guess I'll be waiting on the bronco :poop:

Looks really cool. And since it's now a sub-brand they'll probably release a truck in a few years.

Problem with these and the wrangler/gladiator is they just aren't practical enough to have unless you are wealthy*. Got a family? Not enough interior space. Want to tow a trailer? Limited towing capacity. Trust me, I've been trying my hardest to justify the practicality because I want one. But I'd be spending more money on something that's smaller and less practical than my pickup just to have a slight improvement in off road performance.

They really are the new red convertible. That said, I invite everyone to make the case for owning one of these. Please.

*Unless you are talking about inexpensive used vehicles. In which case that can work.

"Time for "the specs spew," so pay attention. The base engine under the hood of the 2021 Ford Bronco is a 2.3-liter turbo inline-four producing 270 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque, which ties the 2.0-liter turbo Jeep Wrangler for horsepower and beats it (295 lb-ft) in torque. The 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 stumps up 310 hp and 400 lb-ft, handily besting the Wrangler's aging 3.6-liter V-6 (at 285 hp and 260 lb-ft). Ford has no answer to Jeep's 260-hp, 442-lb-ft EcoDiesel V-6. That said, there will be a Raptor version of the Bronco coming in a few years."

Back