ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who has baited deer many times in the past and will continue to do so if legalized again in the unit I hunt, I did not support this bill. call me a hypocrite if you want I guess. I cannot get behind taking power away from the game and fish and letting the legislature make decisions related to wildlife management. Keep in mind this is the same legislature that "we the people" just voted by a large margin to have term limits. So first we limit their power, but now let's give them authority on something they should have nothing to do with. And let's be honest what this is all about and stop with the "it's for the kids and disabled hunters!". Baiting generally makes it easier to shoot deer and bigger bucks. Hell, that's why I do it.

Except it is the truth because I was sitting 3 rows in front of you and saw and heard it all. Much like this thread, you overran the entire meeting and made it a complete waste of time. All I took away from that meeting was that the folks at G&F don't make nearly enough money that they should be making having to deal with people like you and your son @wct12 all year.

You both have made complete fools of yourself over and over but your son @wct12 really took the cake questioning if @BuzzH helps anyone. Good lord 🤡

Neither of you two are worth talking to. Complete waste of time, hence why so many have stopped responding on this thread. Neither of you offer anything of value here.

Soon you can get back to killing your tame yard bucks over a bait pile back behind your house. Congrats.
Took the cake?.. Asking how many people he has helped after he belittles how we helped isn't really taking the cake but 🤷🏻‍♂️

We asked at that meeting if it could be public forum, got told no, then as stated one person got upset and spoke up and then left. How did we overrun the meeting and make it pointless?" The game and fish department went through there entire PowerPoint and explained it to everyone and rhen broke out into their small groups for questions.

Reactions: GST
Forgot to add that this will only be the start....we're now on a slippery slope of game management. Let's re-visit this thread in two years at the next legislative session to see what new bills are introduced. Perhaps over the counter rifle buck tags? If that's what the people want, why not?

As someone who has baited deer many times in the past and will continue to do so if legalized again in the unit I hunt, I did not support this bill. call me a hypocrite if you want I guess. I cannot get behind taking power away from the game and fish and letting the legislature make decisions related to wildlife management. Keep in mind this is the same legislature that "we the people" just voted by a large margin to have term limits. So first we limit their power, but now let's give them authority on something they should have nothing to do with. And let's be honest what this is all about and stop with the "it's for the kids and disabled hunters!". Baiting generally makes it easier to shoot deer and bigger bucks. Hell, that's why I do it.
I voted agaisnt the term limit bill here in the state when it was on a ballot.. But the majority that bill passed by should be a wake up call for any government or agency that people are sick of the way some things are being handled. This bill can be another example.

The people of North Dakota voted all the incumbents back in and then voted for term limits.
They bitch about bureaucrats and then want to empower Game and Fish.
They certainly can be fickle.

Forgot to add that this will only be the start....we're now on a slippery slope of game management. Let's re-visit this thread in two years at the next legislative session to see what new bills are introduced. Perhaps over the counter rifle buck tags? If that's what the people want, why not?
The wonderful thing about the legislature and not an agency with am appointed director.. If you don't like what your local representatives are doing, you have the power to vote them out.

The wonderful thing about the legislature and not an agency with am appointed director.. If you don't like what your local representatives are doing, you have the power to vote them out.
So do you think all game and fish management should be up to the legislature since they're elected? Or just the rules you disagree with?

So do you think all game and fish management should be up to the legislature since they're elected? Or just the rules you disagree with?
The legislature makes rules on all kinds of outdoors/wildlife situations.. Has in the past and will in the future also..

An elected director of an agency that can make its own regulations (have to be signed in in the proclamation, I know) seems like a decent start.

Theres legislation brought forward that will affect the game and fish and possibly the "good of the herd" both directions. I have contacted legislators in support of some bills, and in opposition of others. Some will pass, some will fail.. As I've stated a lot of people on here and I share alot of the same views on some things.. This just happens to be one we don't agree on and it's a very touchy subject ethically for alot of people on both sides of the bill.

The legislature makes rules on all kinds of outdoors/wildlife situations.. Has in the past and will in the future also..

An elected director of an agency that can make its own regulations (have to be signed in in the proclamation, I know) seems like a decent start.

Theres legislation brought forward that will affect the game and fish and possibly the "good of the herd" both directions. I have contacted legislators in support of some bills, and in opposition of others. Some will pass, some will fail.. As I've stated a lot of people on here and I share alot of the same views on some things.. This just happens to be one we don't agree on and it's a very touchy subject ethically for alot of people on both sides of the bill.
valid point about outdoor legislation in the past and future. I think what many people worry about is where the line is drawn.

If it were me I'd be at the legislature next year with everything I wanted. I would hire up a lobbyist and I would get OTC rifle tags, and I'd make it 2 buck tags in the areas with the most private land and unlimited doe tags.

Wyatt Buzz didn’t say he could keep them out of our silage…. sitting in Wy he says he he can keep deer from “congregating” up here in ND

So I hope he shares his plan to keep deer from yarding up for us folks up here in ND … especially us ranchers 🤔
Not until i find out how to keep the deer from yarding up 🙂
Except it is the truth because I was sitting 3 rows in front of you and saw and heard it all. Much like this thread, you overran the entire meeting and made it a complete waste of time. All I took away from that meeting was that the folks at G&F don't make nearly enough money that they should be making having to deal with people like you and your son @wct12 all year.

You both have made complete fools of yourself over and over but your son @wct12 really took the cake questioning if @BuzzH helps anyone. Good lord 🤡

Neither of you two are worth talking to. Complete waste of time, hence why so many have stopped responding on this thread. Neither of you offer anything of value here.

Soon you can get back to killing your tame yard bucks over a bait pile back behind your house. Congrats.
Exactly which meeting are you referencing here ? Im curious given your comments

In the meeting Brock is speaking of I stated the one person that stood up voiced his displeasure and left

please tell us exactly who was the “asshole” at that meeting and what exactly was said or done

If you were 3 rows in front of me please share what I requested and how it was presented

Please tell every exactly what I asked for and the reasoning I gave why I thought it was important

Brock said he should call the G&F and ask them and I encourage him to perhaps he can and have some from the G&F themselves respond

I would tell you, but it would be a complete waste of my time.

The same waste of time that it is explaining why baiting is going to impact deer adversely in the long run.

Your mind is already made up...and no amount of logic, science, or data will change it.

Keep whacking them deer over your bait pile, allow the legislature to control your wildlife, etc.

You're doing "great"...
Please enlighten us so I can share with all the ND ranchers how to disperse the hundreds of deer yarding up

Really a specific claim was made …. Please follow through

Please enlighten us so I can share with all the ND ranchers how to disperse the hundreds of deer yarding up

Really a specific claim was made …. Please follow through
Here's something specific, you already know it all.

Figure it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time with someone dumb enough to allow the Legislature to control your wildlife.

This will end up biting you in the ass...you heard it here first.

If it were me I'd be at the legislature next year with everything I wanted. I would hire up a lobbyist and I would get OTC rifle tags, and I'd make it 2 buck tags in the areas with the most private land and unlimited doe tags.
Well they meet every odd year but with the passing of the term limit bill there has been rumblings of switching to every year..

Theres been talk to go to a 1 tag only system in North Dakota for some time and that's been shot down..

Right wrong or indifferent those bills would probably be meet with pretty large opposition, especially in a state with over 90% private land.

Here's something specific, you already know it all.

Figure it out yourself, I'm not wasting my time with someone dumb enough to allow the Legislature to control your wildlife.

This will end up biting you in the ass...you heard it here first.
The legislature already can make and pass bills either way right now to control wildlife..

The legislature already can make and pass bills either way right now to control wildlife..
Great! Then I would suggest North Dakota resident hunters start getting their wish lists together, hiring a lobbyist, and seeing to it they get what they want. Its amazing what kind of influence you can buy from a State legislator with a small campaign contribution, a half decent bottle of booze, and a marginal steak dinner. A good lobbyist can work wonders for hunters, that and getting the ear of some press...things happen fast.

I would start with unlimited doe tags in areas with large amounts of private land, 2 buck tags, and OTC rifle buck tags.

The sky is the limit.

I wonder if Resident hunters outnumber landowners? I bet so.

Last edited:
Oh I'm not complaining about comments or debate. But what you and wyatt are doing here isn't either. You're over 60 posts in less than 48 hours, all in the same thread I think. That's craziness. How do you get any work done? What do you do all day? I can't keep up with that....and that's just you. Wyatt has over 100 posts in less than 3 weeks. People with jobs, families, and responsibilities can't keep up with that. I've burnt up a week of vacation and am engaged in 4 different bills this session.

From the outside view, it looks more like you guys are purposely trying to muddy the waters and destroy dialogue, flooding it with your opinions and trying to drown out opposition...obfuscation by any definition. Something that no one on the opposition's side has done to you folks.

Once someone presents facts or explanation, you move on to another topic, then bring it up again later in the same thread. Over and Over and OVER and OVER again. It's actually kind of mind boggling to watch. Almost the entire forum is laughing at this thread, because of your and Wyatt's relentless and dominating conversational style and circular arguments. I've had numerous people message me telling me how hilarious it is. As a fellow North Dakotan, I'm embarrassed for you and embarrassed that you are representing our state on a public thread.

False. Our chapter leads policy for our state. Period. We have NEVER been told what to do or what to say on ANY issue. Not one. I'm a 5th generation North Dakotan, I can take you to where my Great Great Grandpa Wilhelm first settled in the Lincoln Valley.

That's why I made it abundantly clear that they were rumors. Hence the first sentence states, "I've only heard rumors..."

I'm fine. But I do think it's important that the public knows that this is how the side you are connected to operates. Personal attacks, threats, bringing people on ND radio shows just to bash groups and individuals in opposition, name calling. It's pretty low and pathetic that your side has to resort to that, and since you are seen as one of the people leading that charge, it reflects on you. Like it or not. I've had a heated exchange or two, but I've never done what your side is doing, no one person on my board has either.

My North Dakota bonafides are just as good as anyone on your side. Yet I get emails and text's telling me to leave the state because I'm not welcome. Someone's handing out my number and I get random calls from people who do nothing but call me names and make threats. One guy called and wanted to talk but called me "retard" within the first 30 seconds of the conversation...then wondered why I wouldn't enter into a discussion and said Id only listen.

I've seen conversations about where I work and where I live. I get called names in public at the grocery store. Arman keeps going on radio shows to talk shit about me. He writes letter to my HQ trying to have me removed from the organization. You guys got Ted Nugent to call my chapter, "the enemy of hunting" with the North Dakota Farm Bureau President Daryl Lies on public radio.

And you know what....it is what it is. If that's the way the people on your side operate, so be it. But I will not back down 1 inch. Keep it coming, I will continue to do the right thing in spite of it.

It really has been a masterful misinformation campaign on the part of that FB page and many of the bill proponents, including you and Wyatt. I have to hand it to you guys. I believe it's worked so well because there are some shreds of truth that you guys have twisted into your arguments. You're right, winter herding is a disease risk. Your silage piles and rancher hay stacks are a disease risk. But assuming that because of those things we should abandoned all other efforts, is throwing the baby out with the bath water. Assuming that we can do nothing because of those risks is illogical and irresponsible. Doing nothing, like the bill proponents propose, is reckless and negligent. And there are efforts we can make as hunters and landowners to buy ourselves some time. That's the point of all this. To buy our state as much time as possible with low prevalence.

Now, you can disagree, which I'm sure you will in the next 50 posts you flood the thread with. But that changes nothing about where I stand on the issue and I will continue to fight against the odds until the bitter end. It's the right thing to do and I'm lucky enough to have a large support system from friends, family, BHA, and Hunttalk. I'm incredibly grateful for all the people who have stood beside me on this issue. I warned them all this would be an uphill battle from the beginning and your side would get nasty. You folks continue to prove me right.

Take care Gabe and Wyatt. I need a break from.... whatever this thread has become.
Brock we bale graze ( something you would not allow in your ranch management classes) so I don’t have to feed every day so it is kind of a slow time

I had some catch up to do addressing the claims and accusations you made in your dozens of posts here 😳

At this point Brock your accusations of “nasty” smack a bit like Jussie Smollet or Bubba Wallace🤔😳

Maybe you can tell those people you called “assholes” they are “assholes” at the Senate committee hearing because most of them will be there testifying 🤔

Hope to see you there and hear your testimony where you can share these threats made and claims you have made here with committee members

Perhaps the two of us can sit down with Casey from the NDGF that ran the CWD meeting in Minot and have him go on record if in fact there were “ assholes” at that meeting 🤔😉

Say before you go can you answer if you have ever seen 600 deer congregating at a silage pile ?

I ask that question for this reason… if you haven’t maybe you actually could think 20 deer at a bait pile is how CWD will impact the deer herd 🤔

But if you actually have seen 600 deer at a silage pile every day for 160 days and you STILL think 20 deer at a baitnpile is what is spreading CWD….. umm well as they say… common sense isn’t so common 😉

So please Brock answer that if you would

Great! Then I would suggest North Dakota resident hunters start getting their wish lists together, hiring a lobbyist, and seeing to it they get what they want.

I would start with unlimited doe tags in areas with large amounts of private land, 2 buck tags, and OTC rifle buck tags.

The sky is the limit.

I wonder if Resident hunters outnumber landowners? I bet so.
I would bet they do also.. The scary thing about a state being so covered with private (rememver I hunt other states with public land and also hunt private land in other states)..

Is that land access becomes tougher and tougher to gain as it is.. And something like that would only make it harder.

A perfect example is down in that south west corner of the state after the old 2315 private property bill where a vast majority of private land is posted, and usually very little access given. The number of acres that can now be posted simply with the online posting platform would astonish a guy.

I would bet they do also.. The scary thing about a state being so covered with private (rememver I hunt other states with public land and also hunt private land in other states)..

Is that land access becomes tougher and tougher to gain as it is.. And something like that would only make it harder.

A perfect example is down in that south west corner of the state after the old 2315 private property bill where a vast majority of private land is posted, and usually very little access given. The number of acres that can now be posted simply with the online posting platform would astonish a guy.
Nothing scary about hunters working the same system you are...

Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back