ND HB 1151

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your courteous and factual manner...Is that why you've been removed from so many fourms?
You can be courteous and factual speaking the truth that some people don’t like to hear

I think honesty is more important than popularity…. That often doesn’t work on social media platforms in todays society

I don’t lose much sleep over it

I've commented twice on that page....total. One was a single photo, the other was a question about Dr. deer to which no one responded and I believe was deleted.
And I believe I've commented on 2 of your posts total as well.. (Could be a couple more.. Its been a bit since I've been on the page).

Yep I have kids and I enjoy helping them get their deer

Maybe next Dec if you got kids that haven’t got their deer on the spot and stalk hunts they can come shoot a doe out of our heated stand

Or just takem out when its -25
Why not a buck when its not -25?

Your courteous and factual manner...Is that why you've been removed from so many fourms?
Im a farmer and a rancher as well as a hunter i made it clear on each site That perspective is what I brought to the table because it is part of the equation in a state where 91% of the land is privately owned and most is agriculture

I get some hunters don’t like That perspective

I made it clear there are jack asses on both sides of the fence but the majority on both sides are good people

When people do not like the message….they attack the messenger … sadly thats our society anymore

I've commented twice on that page....total. One was a single photo, the other was a question about Dr. deer to which no one responded and I believe was deleted.
I do commend your hard work though brock. Although our stances may not be the same on some topics like this one, they are on some others.

The legislative process is not an easy to follow or understand for some (especially with the new website compared to the old one), but you do a good job of keeping your organization up to date on bills and show up to testify, and submit written testimony. That takes alot of effort to get done

Why not a buck when its not -25?
We have family, friends and relatives that hunt on our land and that can add up in numbers

I make no bones we hunt big deer ( for our area) because that is where the challenge and reward is for us We shed hunt and typically have a couple sets of the buck we go after

We have better deer because we invest time and money in managing our lands creating and leaving habitat so we can do what we enjoy ,,, we left about $7000 worth of corn standing for deer this winter to help get them through

Having said that there are bucks that we have people that come in go after to remove from the pool

But the best way to reduce/manage population and have better bucks is to control doe numbers

So that's how we work

You're wrong Gabe. Your side has attacked me personally with threats. I have done no such thing. Not once.

You guys all created accounts to come on threads I started and have blown them all up. That has been the case almost every where I post through this entire session. But it's your story....tell it however you want.

Fify
Brock again it is not YOU …. It is HB 1151 that passed the ND House and will now be in the Senate

If you were here posting about your last spot and stalk hunt in the badlands … I would not be

You want to advocate for a public legislative issue then complain when someone else comments ..🤔

How many posts had you made here before I responded 🤔

It really is not about you Brock it is about a bill that gives We the people a voice that is being ignored

The fact you seem perturbed those voices would have a say as you advocate supporting the govt agency that is ignoring them….🤔🤔🤔 says a fair bit Brock especially about the org you represent Backcountry Hunters and Angler as that org has no member driven policy opportunity from the grassroots member side

This org determines policy from the top down and members are expected to pay their dues and shut up and go along with what the board decrees

We are of a different opinion of how orgs we each are members of operate ….and apparently our individual ideals regarding open dialogue

Last edited:
We have family, friends and relatives that hunt on our land and that can add up in numbers

I make no bones we hunt big deer ( for our area) because that is where the challenge and reward is for us We shed hunt and typically have a couple sets of the buck we go after

We have better deer because we invest time and money in managing our lands creating and leaving habitat so we can do what we enjoy ,,, we left about $7000 worth of corn standing for deer this winter to help get them through

Having said that there are bucks that we have people that come in go after to remove from the pool

But the best way to reduce/manage population and have better bucks is to control doe numbers

So that's how we work
So noble to allow others to manage "your" deer problems...

What a joke.

Clearly not about the "kids"...if it were, you'd let them shoot any deer they wanted over your bait pile when the weather wasn't -25.

What a joke.

Clearly not about the "kids"...if it were, you'd let them shoot any deer they wanted over your bait pile when the weather wasn't -25.
When they come by the hundreds into our hay yard to winter up when the weather goes south it does become "our" deer problem.

During most the rest of the season we have a small herd of local deer that travels around our property and a few other people's. When those deer are on our property we hunt them pretty hard. The other ground we own that holds deer during the nice months has had multiple people come in and harvest both bucks and does off it anytime of the season, but as for our back yard and the surrounding area, we'll thats an area a couple people in our family hunt all year and we can let whoever hunt that as property as we please.

The way wintering herds of deer work here is when the weather gets bad and we get enough snow the small groups turn into larger groups, then the larger groups then in turn travel miles to get to yards such as our own to over winter. If we had 600+ deer in the yard all year it would be a different story, but as the winter weather dictates when they show up it may only be -25 and the last week of season or it could be halloween when we have enough deer in the yard to allow tons of others to come in and shoot deer that traveled miles to our yard.

What a joke.

How many kids that aren't your immediate family have come into your back yard and harvested deer? Heck, how many other people in general have you helped shoot deer the last 10 years off any chunk of ground public or private?

When they come by the hundreds into our hay yard to winter up when the weather goes south it does become "our" deer problem.

During most the rest of the season we have a small herd of local deer that travels around our property and a few other people's. When those deer are on our property we hunt them pretty hard. The other ground we own that holds deer during the nice months has had multiple people come in and harvest both bucks and does off it anytime of the season, but as for our back yard and the surrounding area, we'll thats an area a couple people in our family hunt all year and we can let whoever hunt that as property as we please.

The way wintering herds of deer work here is when the weather gets bad and we get enough snow the small groups turn into larger groups, then the larger groups then in turn travel miles to get to yards such as our own to over winter. If we had 600+ deer in the yard all year it would be a different story, but as the winter weather dictates when they show up it may only be -25 and the last week of season or it could be halloween when we have enough deer in the yard to allow tons of others to come in and shoot deer that traveled miles to our yard.
Use some of that 1.1 million you farm off Uncle Sugar to cover your damages...and that "$7,000" in corn you leave for the deer.

How many kids that aren't your immediate family have come into your back yard and harvested deer? Heck, how many other people in general have you helped shoot deer the last 10 years off any chunk of ground public or private?
How many people a year do I help? Plenty and not doe whitetails over a bait pile to manage for a problem created by baiting...you want to really go down that road?

I'll start hanging some pics...if you want.

Oh, and as an example, I help some guys from ND every year with elk...cousins of a high school friend that I met one time prior to the first time they showed up to hunt.

They stay at my house, I scout for them prior to them showing up, and they've killed 12 elk between them in those years.

Use some of that 1.1 million you farm off Uncle Sugar to cover your damages...and that "$7,000" in corn you leave for the deer.

Awe yes.. The ol EWG website. As I said in response to you on another thread on hunt talks I wish we were more like Canada and didn't have subsidized crop insurance and the like but at the moment the US isn't like that...when the day comes I'll be more then happy to farm free from government intervention.

How many people a year do I help? Plenty and not doe whitetails over a bait pile to manage for a problem created by baiting...you want to really go down that road?

I'll start hanging some pics...if you want.

Oh, and as an example, I help some guys from ND every year with elk...cousins of a high school friend that I met one time prior to the first time they showed up to hunt.

They stay at my house, I scout for them prior to them showing up, and they've killed 12 elk between them in those years.
Manage a problem the game and fish created by not managing deer populations.. Unless your referring to my livestock feed as bait and shelter belts around our farm as bait I don't know how 10 gals of corn in August and September through the end of season makes 600 deer come to a silage pile or hay stack so please enlighten me on what you meant there.

And go ahead and hang pictures.. You belittle us for helping literally 100 people fill bow tags plus the others that harvest deer off our land.

We help people we don't even know find moose not on our land and get them in touch with landowners when they come up hunting and also waterfowl hunters from out of state we've never met when we run into them put scouting.

It's not just "whitetail does over a bait pile" as you assume since you don't even know us.

Manage a problem the game and fish created by not managing deer populations.. Unless your referring to my livestock feed as bait and shelter belts around our farm as bait I don't know how 10 gals of corn in August and September through the end of season makes 600 deer come to a silage pile or hay stack so please enlighten me on what you meant there.

And go ahead and hang pictures.. You belittle us for helping literally 100 people fill bow tags plus the others that harvest deer off our land.

We help people we don't even know find moose not on our land and get them in touch with landowners when they come up hunting and also waterfowl hunters from out of state we've never met when we run into them put scouting.

It's not just "whitetail does over a bait pile" as you assume since you don't even know us.
I know what you typed...doe whitetails over a bait pile, "for the kids"...in -25 degree weather, from a heated blind.

I know what you typed...doe whitetails over a bait pile, "for the kids"...in -25 degree weather, from a heated blind.
Yes.. Because the winter where 100 people came and harvest deer from our yard (kids included) it was mostly doe whitetails, with a bow, from a heated stand when the weather didn't get much above -25 for a month.. In my back yard.. Not included the others that came in before the big yard up process and hunted our land also.

As we've said.. Other years it's many others on other land we own shooting many different things. We just use that one winter as the example because we controlled a decent sized chunk of the population that yarded up in our yard when others didn't have a chance to hunt until that opportunity was presented.

You're wrong Gabe. Your side has attacked me personally with threats. I have done no such thing. Not once.

You guys all created accounts to come on threads I started and have blown them all up. That has been the case almost every where I post through this entire session. But it's your story....tell it however you want.

Fify
Brock I have no control over any one else any more than you do on here

“I've only heard rumors about this. But what I heard is that you guys were being complete assholes, hurling accusations at the game and fish and shouting at them. Perhaps I should call the Game and Fish folks and get their side of the story?”

If you post things that are based on “rumor” as you admit here… most times they are wrong as was this accusation…… that throws fuel on the fire Brock … accept your role in what you complain about

Calling people liars and “assholes” is hardly staying above the fray 🤔

My best advice is if you can’t deal with the stupid crap don’t get engaged because sadly that is how things progress any more

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back