ND Badlands Elk Hunt

smalls

The sun is about to rise on my nd elk hunt. I wish o knew how to post pics from my phone, but I'll simply summarize it as "this does not suck".

good luck to everyone fortunate enough to be spending time in the field this weekend.

Thanks for the note Smalls, good luck to ya man. (I think BigFin posted a 'how to', but have the same issues posting pics?) Had success last evening - took one of my high school students and my boy out for an afternoon hunt. We put 5 doves on the ground, blew through a box of shells, we got a 'double' and my boy shot his .410, and the dog had some nice retrieves. Enjoy the mornin

Good luck!!! I had an E2 tag back when I was in college. Was a blast hunting the badlands!

Day three today. Passed on two spikes this morning. Most of the pressure from opening day has gone away. Hopefully a respectable bull showsvhimself tonight.

Good luck!

To post pictures from your phone setup a photobucket account to upload pictures from your phone and then link them here in the forum with img tags.

Who moves from MT to ND for better elk hunting?:confused:

The recruitment officer promised me it was better...?

I didn't pull the trigger this weekend. I passed on a handful of calves and spikes at ranged under 250 yards.

I simply couldn't find groups of cows, which is where I think the breeding bulls are as well. I'll be back out in a couple of weekends and hopefully the hills have settled down by then. The decrease in pressure after the first two days was incredible and from what I understand after opening weekend it'll be rare that I see another hunter out there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back