NCAA wrestling - # 2 Iowa at #1 Penn State

Gellar

Friday 1/27 9pm 8 central in State College on the Big Ten Network. I don’t see this one being close.

125- Lee Iowa pin
133- Bavo-Young PSU maj dec
141-Woods Iowa dec
149-Murin Iowa dec
157-Haines PSU dec
165-Facundo PSu dec
174-Starrocci PSu maj dec
184- Brookes PSU maj dec
197-Dean PSU dec
Hwt-Kerkvleit PSU dec

PSU 24 Iowa 12

@pointingdogsrule or anyone else who follows college wrestling post up your predictions.

It would be cool to see Lee move up to 133 but that won't happen. I'd agree with your predictions. Don't get better than BIG 10 wrasslin'!

It would be cool to see Lee move up to 133 but that won't happen. I'd agree with your predictions. Don't get better than BIG 10 wrasslin'!
I know RBY has been calling out Lee on social media to come up and a lot of Iowa fans are saying that’s the path to victory, but I think it would be ridiculously stupid for both wrestlers. You see high schoolers that bump up to face stiffer competition but very rarely in college. I can never think of a time when a #1 bumped up to wrestle a #1. If they truly want to wrestle they should have a match at a catch weight during one of those pay per view matches that have become popular.

But just for fun, I think Lee would get a takedown and a turn and Rby would probably get a few takedowns. So I would say something like 9-5 in favor of Lee.

I dont see the logic in bumping Lee up, at 125 he is good for 6pts. Against RBY at 133 his contribution could easily be -3pt. Either way, the post dual with Brands should be good.

It sure would be fun to watch lee vs rby. and it would definitely create a media frenzy if it happened. I was at Wis vs Iowa last week and Wis almost picked off Iowa. granted Iowa didn't put brands and warner on the mat, it was exciting to have a tie.

I dont see the logic in bumping Lee up, at 125 he is good for 6pts. Against RBY at 133 his contribution could easily be -3pt. Either way, the post dual with Brands should be good.
It’s be more like -12 if Lee lost. They’d lose the 6 from Lee pinning at 125 and 3 for him losing by decision at 133 and Iowa doesn’t have a backup who would beat PSU’s starter so that’s be another 3 for a total of a 12 point swing if Lee bumped up and lost.

It sure would be fun to watch lee vs rby. and it would definitely create a media frenzy if it happened. I was at Wis vs Iowa last week and Wis almost picked off Iowa. granted Iowa didn't put brands and warner on the mat, it was exciting to have a tie.
Plus the pin at 184 made it really good. I thought both teams wrestled good and win the matches they were favored in.

Either way, the post dual with Brands should be good.
This brought up some memories for me. My good buddy wrestled for Terry when he was at UTC. Had a chat with him last night about him being recruited and everything. Also didn’t realize Terry coaches at msu-northern for a year and had a buddy on that wrestling team as well.

Much closer dual than I expected. I thought Cassopspy (hwt) would have had a better performance. I saw an article yesterday that Zadick will be starting a training center in Augusta, Mt. He is re-using the old Holiday motors building from Great Falls.

This brought up some memories for me. My good buddy wrestled for Terry when he was at UTC. Had a chat with him last night about him being recruited and everything. Also didn’t realize Terry coaches at msu-northern for a year and had a buddy on that wrestling team as well.
Iowa does good job recruiting the Montana kids. They have a kid from Bozeman now and one coming in next year.

They have a couple from MT, Drake Rhodes is a MT kid. He had a rough show last night in bumping up a weight class.

He weighed in at 171 lbs. he’s a 165 wrestling 2 x national champ at 184. I’d say he did pretty dam good.
why would a coach do that to a freshman? you have abe assad on the bench. granted abe assad shit the bed last week in wisconsin. but the team dual is still winnable with assad/warner/cassiopi left. there has got to be a rational but i sure don't get it. sending him to the wolves isn't a great way to develop a freshman either. the only thing i could think of is they are dodging a head to head with assad/brooks for big ten seeding.

Watched Penn wrestle Oregon state. Beavers won at 125 and then took a drubbing. Those boys are pretty good.

why would a coach do that to a freshman? you have abe assad on the bench. granted abe assad shit the bed last week in wisconsin. but the team dual is still winnable with assad/warner/cassiopi left. there has got to be a rational but i sure don't get it. sending him to the wolves isn't a great way to develop a freshman either. the only thing i could think of is they are dodging a head to head with assad/brooks for big ten seeding.
The radio announcers said Assad did not travel with the team. I don’t think a loss to Brookes was going to hurt Assad’s seed at big tens or ncaas as bad as that loss to Wisconsin last week.

Penn has some good post college wrestlers training there. I know Jordan Burroughs and Mark hall for sure.
That is a thing that started a long time ago under Doctor Thomas. My Freshman and sophomore year (149) I had occasion to learn from some world champions and all Americans. Only way to get better is to wrestle better competition. (Mid70s)
Worst beating I ever took was from the Turkish guy. Don't remember his name but he sure kicked my butt😁

The radio announcers said Assad did not travel with the team. I don’t think a loss to Brookes was going to hurt Assad’s seed at big tens or ncaas as bad as that loss to Wisconsin last week.
idk that assad didn't travel with the team. I was there live so I didn't hear that, interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back