NCAA wrestling - # 2 Iowa at #1 Penn State

I watched Minnesota v. Iowa last week. Lee went all 7 minutes, but he was gassed! I think he is beatable, much more beatable than RBY.

Caught some of Iowa/Michigan last night. Watching a first period tech fall at the high DI level is always crazy to see.

Jacob Warner doesn’t look like much until the match starts and then he just turns into an animal, fun to watch.

Caught some of Iowa/Michigan last night. Watching a first period tech fall at the high DI level is always crazy to see.

Jacob Warner doesn’t look like much until the match starts and then he just turns into an animal, fun to watch.
I’ve thought the same thing, he’s not looked very enthusiastic at times in his career but he comes on strong when it counts. He’s a 3x all American going for his 4th.

The conference championships and NCAA qualifiers are this week. I follow the big ten and big 12 the most but I find it crazy that yianni diakahmholis is the 2 seed at 149 in the EIWA.

Big ten picks:
125 Lee Ia
133 RBY PSU
141 Woods IA
149 Sasso OSU, I’d pick Gomez but I think he will medical forfeit out after he qualifies
157 Haines PSU
165 Kennedy IA
174 Labriola Nebraska
184 Brooks PSU
197 Dean PSU
HEAVY Kerkvleit PSU

I don’t think kerkvleit has ever beaten Paris. Paris would probably be a 2 timer if it weren’t for gable Stevenson. I’ll take kerkvleit tomorrow. Paris in 2 weeks. Sadly I think Cassiopeia is a good distance behind them, but there are a couple other guys too. I think it’s mental for some reason. The top 4 heavy’s at ncaa could all be world champions at different age levels. Paris and kerkvleit were junior freestyle, Schultz is a Greco Roman world champ and Cassiopeia is a under 23 world champion in freestyle

I don’t think kerkvleit has ever beaten Paris. Paris would probably be a 2 timer if it weren’t for gable Stevenson. I’ll take kerkvleit tomorrow. Paris in 2 weeks. Sadly I think Cassiopeia is a good distance behind them, but there are a couple other guys too. I think it’s mental for some reason. The top 4 heavy’s at ncaa could all be world champions at different age levels. Paris and kerkvleit were junior freestyle, Schultz is a Greco Roman world champ and Cassiopeia is a under 23 world champion in freestyle
I think I heard them say the only losses Parris has in his collegiate career were to Steveson. Or did I mishear that?

Sidebar: @Gellar - looking forward to your annual NCAAs thread. *hint hint*

Minnesota and Nebraska both impressed yesterday.

I was hopeful Bartlett would make it into the finals, but we are looking pretty good for NCAAs; I think we qualified 9 to go to Tulsa. We Are!

I think I heard them say the only losses Parris has in his collegiate career were to Steveson. Or did I mishear that?
I think you are right. Kerkvleit was undersized as a freshman and injured as a sophomore but now he has turned it on. Parris is just a beast. That weight has been deep for a long time in the big tens even beyond the top 3. The 4 that are left on the backside, Hilger, orndorf, Davis, and cassioppi are all AA.
Colton Schultz could be the only AA not from the big ten this year.

Sidebar: @Gellar - looking forward to your annual NCAAs thread. *hint hint*

Minnesota and Nebraska both impressed yesterday.

I was hopeful Bartlett would make it into the finals, but we are looking pretty good for NCAAs; I think we qualified 9 to go to Tulsa. We Are!
I almost picked Bartlett to win the bigs yesterday. I thought it would be woods and Bartlett in the finals. Minnesota has some good solid kids that if you were a wrestler on the backside of the bracket you would not want to face them. I’m surprised, but not surprised, blockhus made the finals. Him and Sasso are both stingy, hard nosed guys. Whoever can get a takedown will win that match. I hope it’s Blockhus, he went to high school about 45 minutes from me, same conference as our kids school.

I’m not going to comment on Nebraska because I don’t want to give @Stocker the satisfaction of me, an Iowan, saying something good about Nebraska. 😂
I don’t follow wrestling too close anymore. I wrestled from the time I was 6 until my sophomore year of HS. we wrestled a couple tournaments a weekend, me and a couple friends were pretty good and every time we wrestled a tournament in Iowa it was tough. There is really good wrestlers in Nebraska but not top to bottom like Iowa. There weren’t many fish over there.

Another “too big for your britches” moment in my life. (I’ve had a lot). I never lost a match in middle school, so I of course thought I was billy badass. It didn’t take long my freshman year wrestling 171 to know just how not badass I was. I got my butt kicked, much to my coach’s enjoyment. He always liked seeing kids get knocked down off their high horse and I got bucked off and then rolled down a mountain. 😂

That’s the last nice thing I’ll ever say s out Iowa.

I don’t follow wrestling too close anymore. I wrestled from the time I was 6 until my sophomore year of HS. we wrestled a couple tournaments a weekend, me and a couple friends were pretty good and every time we wrestled a tournament in Iowa it was tough. There is really good wrestlers in Nebraska but not top to bottom like Iowa. There weren’t many fish over there.

Another “too big for your britches” moment in my life. (I’ve had a lot). I never lost a match in middle school, so I of course thought I was billy badass. It didn’t take long my freshman year wrestling 171 to know just how not badass I was. I got my butt kicked, much to my coach’s enjoyment. He always liked seeing kids get knocked down off their high horse and I got bucked off and then rolled down a mountain. 😂

That’s the last nice thing I’ll ever say s out Iowa.
Probably the best high school wrestler in Nebraska history was actually from Iowa. He went to a private school in Omaha, wrestled collegiately at Iowa and now wrestles internationally at Penn State. I cant mention his name because it blows Iowans minds thinking about it.

Nebraska had a really good heavyweight in the 90s, a national champion, Tolly Thompson. But he was from Iowa.

I wrestled 152, 160, and 171 in high school, but never actually in Iowa. I wrestled my first two years of high school in Michigan and the last two in Illinois. I could have been better but I was occasionally distracted for various reasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back