My wife's Idaho Bull

IdahoBugler

Well at least someone can hunt in my family. My archery hunt went as bad as one can go and with the lack of bulls I was seeing I was worried about my wife's rifle hunt that was coming up. In 14 days of hunting that unit I only saw a handful of 6 points and all of them small. But as we all know it only takes one and on the second evening of her hunt we found one worthy of her tag. I spotted this bull with 1 hour of light left and we needed all hour to make the stalk as she shoot him at 250 yards with only minutes of light left. It was a perfect shot and the bull was done in within seconds. This is her first elk and of course she beats my best bull by 30".

I can't say enough about how proud I was of her. She hiked as hard as anyone I've hunted with, especially you Moosie :), and passed on a few smaller bulls waiting for the right one. She put her time in on the range this year and it showed and also swam every other morning to get in shape for this hunt.

She has only shot three animals, two 4-point muledeer and now one 6 point elk. I think she's getting the hang of this hunting stuff.

183mem3.jpg

164mem.jpg

187mem.jpg

Nice! Wow, what a first bull and what a great hunt together- gonna have to show this to my Mrs. to see if I can get that spirit rekindled within her...she hasn't been in the field with me for awhile now.

Again...congrats to both of you and thanks for sharing the hunt!

That is too awesome!!! Congrats to your wife on a fine bull, and congrats to you on a fine wife:D

She hiked as hard as anyone I've hunted with, especially you Moosie

Oh DANG !!!!

Hey Bugler, can I borrow your Wife for the Deer season ? I'd like to Score too....... on a 4-point !!! Now I don't feel bad taking her money at the poker party ;)

Tell her Congrats !!!

That's a really nice bull, but the real question is how did YOU land a gal like THAT?? :D Congrats on both!

Congrats to your wife, IB. Great bull! But why did you screw that last picture up with your mug? ;)

Wow, that's fantastic!! Congratulations to both of you!! She's a lot better looking than you too!!! Tell her to keep it up and come here and tell us her version of the hunt!

Great looking bull. Congrats to the wife. I bet it was a rush for her as well as you... Good job!!!!! :O)

Greenhorn said:
That's a really nice bull, but the real question is how did YOU land a gal like THAT?? :D Congrats on both!

LOL, was wondering the same!

Congrat's to the Mrs... very nice bull!

Great Bull! Congrats to the Mrs., IB. I love it when couples hunt together.

Congrats to you both IB, that is a great bull.:D

I have to ask if the movie collection at hunting camp is the same when the wife is around?;)

Back