Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

My son and his 2016 Nebraska rifle whitetail buck.

Kevin W

The stars aligned this past Sunday afternoon for my son Kenny in Nebraska; this buck followed two does out of the timber of the family farm pasture 75 yards from a blind my son and I were set up in. Kenny's first shot was a broadside standing shot that I thought connected well but the buck took off like a race horse. The second shot Kenny took (at the fleeing buck) wasn't even close!!!
The buck made a turn back into the timber from which he came. Thankfully the first was perfectly placed and after a 50 yard tracking job we found the buck. I realized right away that this was the largest whitetail ever taken off of the century old family farm. The raw excitement and unbounded joy that Kenny showed absolutely made my season. I'm not one for scores but think the buck is in the 160's area give or take. The buck does have a right side with a regular 5 points and a left side with a couple in lines and a forked brow leaves the left side with 8 points, lots of character, good mass and like last years buck that Kenny got a 23 inch spread too boot.
I just need to figure out a photoshop editing technique or find an ap to fix the eye's closed on this my favorite pic. Thanks for looking, Kevin.

kenny8.JPG

Wow. Great buck. Way past 160". Post some more pics, please.

kenny1.JPGkenny2.JPGkenny3.JPGkenny4.JPGkenny5.JPG

Ok more pics added, I still think 160's but the score doesn't really matter. We are thankful and know we are truly blessed to have such a place to hunt in the family. Thanks everyone for all of the congrats!!! Kevin.

Last edited:
Back