Yeti GOBOX Collection

My Raghorn...too

Horn Seeker

Well, normally, that would actually mean I killed a raghorn. But Fridays hunt didn't turn out that way. With some good tips from a couple fellow Hunttalkers...and a little help from old man winter (making an early visit) I killed a bull I will most likely never top.

I've left the truck a lot of times hours before light and arrived back after dark, with nothing to show. I always tell myself...its gonna pay off, its gotta pay off. By about 1 O'Clock friday afternoon, pushing through 15-30 inches (drifted in places) of snow for 6 1/2 hours, I was really questioning if it was gonna pay off. But....I tried to keep my spirits up as this was going to be my last day of the season, after 20 unsuccessful days elk hunting this year!

It came together about 4 miles from the truck at 1:30. That snow made for some seriously quiet walking and I dont think this bull woke up till it was way too late. Got him out by noon today.

This is the tree I rested my rifle against for the 80 yard shot.
ShotSpotRestrs.jpg

The first bullet blew through the spine, then I shot another a bit lower and it ended up nicely behind the hide of the opposite shoulder. TTSX, 168 from the 06'.
BarnesTTSXrs.jpg

Pre Cut up Fire....
BullFirers.jpg

And the hero shots...
MeBullHeadonFirRS.jpg

MeBullFirinHornssmileCroprs.jpg

MeBullSideSmileRS.jpg

The packout wasn't bad....slightly downhill off trail for a bit, then nice, packed trail the rest of the way!
MeBullQuarter2rs.jpg

This is my good bud that came from Billings and helped me get the rest of him out today!
DustyandGoodsrs.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, they don't come much prettier than that. Looks like it was a good year to hold on to your tag to the end. Congrats on a great bull!

Wow, what a lunker. Congrats Horn Seeker - seek and ye shall find. Bulls like that are built to score. Good for you, given how many days you have been at it.

Holy cow awesome bull! Congrats, I'd love to have an elk tag anywhere right now.

I only have my rifle sling around my neck...I think...

His 4ths are Insane. I hate to be greedy, but i wish his mains were a touch longer...like 2" each and I think he'd net book... But as is, I think he'll net just under.

The 4ths are 24 and 22 6/8... I think. I am not 100% sure about where to start the measurement from.

I dont give a chit though! He's #1 to me!!!

II am not 100% sure about where to start the measurement from.

If you were gonna cut the tine off the main beam, with no tine left on the beam and no beam on the tine. That is where you measure from. You probably did it correct.

24" is insane.

Absolutely awesome bull! Man this Florida boy doesn't see how yall hunt with snow like that.. I hunted in about 12 inches of snow in Iowa a couple years ago and and thought I was gonna die. Thinking about sticking to the early season

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back