Caribou Gear Tarp

My Introduction in Photos

welcome. great intro and pictures.

The shed hunter pic is in instant classic. Anbody who ever shed hunted on public ground recognizes themselves instantly.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I have 1000's of photographs, hope you don't get tired of them. :)

Very cool. Beautiful photos. Is that a Stalker recurve? I'm having one made.... Ed F

Ed...it's a Blacktail Elite VL made by Norm Johnson here in Oregon. Before that I hunted for 20 years with a Brackenbury recurve, also made in Oregon.

Good luck with the Stalker. Your first stickbow, or just a new edition to the family?

My computer was being fickle last night, so I thought I'd add a bit more to my intro.

I build wood arrows for myself and quite a few other folks throughout the year....

codysarrows.jpg

crimsonarrows2.jpg

I donated these to the RMEF National Convention last winter

RMEF-arrows.jpg

2012arrows-1.jpg

In order to keep myself supplied with wild turkey primary feathers, guy send me their turkey wings in the spring and I build them personalized wingbone yelpers in exchange.

wingbones.jpg

That pretty keeps me out of trouble and busy these days, but I'm always searching for a new hobby that keeps me in the mountains! Maybe some day I'll draw that sheep tag!

84ram1.jpg

Welcome aboard TK! I grew up watching your threads on BTC back in the day, must of been 6 or 7 years ago. I remember when you got that trail cam pic of that buglin bull and the old rubbin post.

Great photos and those exceptionally nice blacktailed deer really do it for me. Very nice! Hope you enjoy this site, lots of good folks here.

Unreal photos, and impressive body of work from woodsman to hunter / photag / artist! Really cool!

Thanks folks! Looks like a wide spectrum of hunters and woodsman here which equates to a great wealth of knowledge. Look forward to reading everybodies adventures and advice.

Welcome aboard TK! I grew up watching your threads on BTC back in the day, must of been 6 or 7 years ago. I remember when you got that trail cam pic of that buglin bull and the old rubbin post.

Thanks Jon Boy! Been a lot of water go under the bridge since those days, and many changes to that site...not all for the better. I don't think I'm even allowed to view BTC anymore, it won't accept my info. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice photos, certainly a great passion to have is the mountains and outdoors. Love the images of the bugling elk and the buck rutting on the post...very good...best of luck on the sheep tag.

Spending that much time in the woods, I am guessing you have seen some critters. Friend that used to do what you have done in the woods told me that they would be thinning on one ridge and just across the next they may see anything once they were used to the noise. Any truth?

Awesome pictures!!If you ever need a blacktail hunting companion,look me up.I'll be on the next flight out to Oregon

Back