Caribou Gear Tarp

My hunt is in jeopardy

brokfut

I've been doing solo back country hunts in Idaho for a lot of years. Not every year but a bunch since the mid 70's.
This year I bought my tags as soon as they were available and have been getting ready for 2020. decided to use the travel trailer
this time since my 70 y.o. bones don't appreciate the cold hard ground so much any more.

Last Monday, while working on the house, me and my favorite ladder parted company in a most dramatic fashion. Surgery tomorrow to put all the bones in my left wrist
back together and back in place.
Praying for a quick recovery. Don't want to miss out on another hunt. Not that many left. Might have to take up hunting whitetails from a ground blind or something.

Dang, sorry to hear that. Its tough to suffer an injury prior to seasons. At least it wasn't a leg. Get into the rehab exercises as soon as possible and you stand a chance.

I hope you recover quickly and get some hunting in.

I broke my heel in 2009, that fall I shot one of my biggest whitetail bucks. I contribute that to me being slow as hell from my sore foot!

Speedy healing. Are we talking rifle or archery? Most doctors will be pretty conservative on healing time estimates but if you make sure to explain the deadline you have they will help if you can speed up with rehab. Might mean hunting with a cast this year if it's an early season. I'm hopeful for you in the meantime...

Dang, sorry to hear. Hope the surgery goes well and you are back in the woods soon.

I suggest you talk with your surgeon, but the general rule of bone healing says that nsaids (ibuprofen, naproxen, Mobic etc etc) slow down bone healing. Tylenol, narcotics and narcotic substitutes don’t have this effect.
I wish you a fantastic surgery result and fast healing.

I've been doing solo back country hunts in Idaho for a lot of years. Not every year but a bunch since the mid 70's.
This year I bought my tags as soon as they were available and have been getting ready for 2020. decided to use the travel trailer
this time since my 70 y.o. bones don't appreciate the cold hard ground so much any more.

Last Monday, while working on the house, me and my favorite ladder parted company in a most dramatic fashion. Surgery tomorrow to put all the bones in my left wrist
Praying for a quick recovery. Don't want to miss out on another hunt. Not that many left. Might have to take up hunting whitetails from a ground blind or something.

That’s no good, do a disability tag and use a crossbow in Idaho? Hope you make it!
Matt

I found that a hammer was the single best strength-building implement after my wrist fusion surgery. Choke up at first, down as you get stronger, move it all around to strengthen all angles. After you get the all clear for PT, anyway. PTist didn't appreciate me ditching all her gizmos.

You'll figure it out, be happy your user name wasn't prescient.. :) mend well.

I can commiserate a bit on broken bones messing up plans, though at my age recoveries tend to be quicker. Don't give up on it, best of luck!

Speedy recovery brother. Definitely stay on the ground. It’s fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back