My Gear List

I just knocked hard on some wood and will respond by saying I’m not bringing any. I’ve brought it before into the mountains and just never use it. Not saying that’s the right or a bright idea.

I’ve only ever used the iodine tabs a few times in Montana when getting water from a stale, stagnant alpine tarn. Other than that, i just drink it. So far so good. 🤞 👊🌲
Might wanna add baby wipes to the pack list 😂

Actually a 6 pack of Wilderness Wipes are the one thing that I packed that I need to add to the list.
Not for that reason though.

Gomer, are there still issues flying with isobutane or are you hiking in? I just got a screaming craigslist deal on a msr white gas stove specifically for taking to alaska to eliminate that hassle with flying.

Commercial definitely, flying... my pilot in POW didn’t care, some operators might?

I got a whisper lite international for AK, the only fuel source on Adak is gasoline and that stove burned it no problem.

I just knocked hard on some wood and will respond by saying I’m not bringing any. I’ve brought it before into the mountains and just never use it. Not saying that’s the right or a bright idea.

I’ve only ever used the iodine tabs a few times in Montana when getting water from a stale, stagnant alpine tarn. Other than that, i just drink it. So far so good. 🤞 👊🌲
I’m really liking the new profile pic. Definite upgrade

Commercial definitely, flying... my pilot in POW didn’t care, some operators might?

I got a whisper lite international for AK, the only fuel source on Adak is gasoline and that stove burned it no problem.
I have heard it does depend on the operator, like 40 mile air, since they fly commercial, it is a hard no. I have also heard of some of them having a compartment outside the plane to put butane and bear spray.

Yes, I’m aware that there’s no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who ask questions, but . . . when guys talk about how much their pack weighs, does that figure include the weight of the pack and the weight of the rifle?

Yes, I’m aware that there’s no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people who ask questions, but . . . when guys talk about how much their pack weighs, does that figure include the weight of the pack and the weight of the rifle?
Mine is broke down into pack and items in it but also has weapon, optics, and clothes on my back

When I weigh mine it includes the pack weight because I just weigh myself with it on my back.

I owe @noharleyyet a pack weight still. Totally forgot and now it’s hopefully making its way to the bottom of a plane.

Typically it doesn’t include water, rifle, range finder, binos, and clothing you are wearing.

I hate the answers you get from the "how much does your pack weight" questions. Everyone includes/excludes items that others don't. I feel the only true way to figure weight is from skin out. Your body does not care if your pockets are full, what's in your bino pouch, if you count the weight of your food & fuel, or that it you don't count your weapon because it "weighs what it weighs". All it knows is you added XX pounds to yourself that your legs now need to move up the mountain.

I hate the answers you get from the "how much does your pack weight" questions. Everyone includes/excludes items that others don't. I feel the only true way to figure weight is from skin out. Your body does not care if your pockets are full, what's in your bino pouch, if you count the weight of your food & fuel, or that it you don't count your weapon because it "weighs what it weighs". All it knows is you added XX pounds to yourself that your legs now need to move up the mountain.
Exactly! I weighed everything I plan on taking in the link above. Like you said weight is weight.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back