My biggest Buck Ever.

AZ402

With a Muzzleloader. More pics and story later.

P1240886.jpg

Thats a real nice buck...I didnt notice all the character in the phone pictures.

Coues with a muzzleloader is a nice accomplishement...congrats!

Looks like some good shot placement as well.

That's a great Coues Stan! And with a muzzleloader to boot. Congrats!

So I had an any antlered deer Dec muzzleloader tag her in AZ. I had intended on looking mostly for muleys on this hunt. I did tell myself if I see a respectable coues I'd probably take a run at him. The buck I shot was actually the smallest coues buck I saw. The other two I glassed up didn't offer much of a chance with a muzzy.

I found this muley (pics don't really do him justice). He was roughly 200yds into the Republic of Mexico and didn't seem like he was coming to the US anytime soon.

P1240858.jpg

Anyway, after spending all morning looking at subpar mule deer, I was decided it was about time to break camp. On my way back, I picked up the buck I shot hanging out under an Oak tree. I was able to close the distance to 125yds and let one fly. He went about 40yds and piled up. It's my first coues and my first ever animal with a muzzy. I was pretty happy to say the least. I was down there by myself so I didn't get a bunch of good field pics. Here are a few more anyway.

P1240882.jpg

P1240878.jpg

And I kept running into these Goulds Turkey all over the place.

P1240846.jpg

I think that muley is the only thing not trying to come into the U.S.A. Great buck, what is your effective range with the scoped muzzleloader?

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back