Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT residents thoughts on Steve Bullock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he adds a great option to the race among Democrats. That said, a guy coming from Montana, who has a life experience that tells him there is world that exists beyond the Beltway and the coastal metropolis messes, probably stands very little chance of being nominated.

Don't you think what he's really doing is angling for a VP pick with this announcement?

He can't possibly think he'll get enough attention in a field this crowded, especially after Jim Webb's performance as a moderate in 2016.

Better than many. Of the choices... he'd have my vote. With two R replacements in the JOTSC D's can have the Ginsburg's retirement replacement. In fact, I would prefer that. Too lopsided is not my desired setting though to each his / her own. If someone other than Bullock - I sure as heck am not voting for any of those meth-head acting, rod-knockers the Dem's have lined up... yet again. Ginsburg will just have to hold through another 4... and hope the Dem's don't pump Talib to be their front runner... good luck.

Don't you think what he's really doing is angling for a VP pick with this announcement?

He can't possibly think he'll get enough attention in a field this crowded, especially after Jim Webb's performance as a moderate in 2016.
No. The only one in this bunch that would consider Bullock for their V P is Biden, and sounds like he's made early arrangements to run with Abrams.

Better than many. Of the choices... he'd have my vote. With two R replacements in the JOTSC D's can have the Ginsburg's retirement replacement. In fact, I would prefer that. Too lopsided is not my desired setting though to each his / her own. If someone other than Bullock - I sure as heck am not voting for any of those meth-head acting, rod-knockers the Dem's have lined up... yet again. Ginsburg will just have to hold through another 4... and hope the Dem's don't pump Talib to be their front runner... good luck.
Big money donors still control the party. It's no coincidence that that the Washington Post put out that hit piece on Bernie Sanders at the same time Biden announced his candidacy. They will make sure the candidate is electable and not a left wing nut.

I hope western Dem candidates like Bullock, Hickenlooper, & TRCP 2019 conservation award winner Bennet will include conservation and sporting concerns in the 'sausage' that will be their party platform in '16. They have virtually no shot @ the Oval office, are auditioning for Cabinet posts like Interior, EPA, possibly VP???

Although Bullock has made some moves I agree with, he does have some chinks in his character that I take issue with here in Montana. For this audience, regarding sportsman's issues, he sounds good, but with other issues, well.......I'm not a one issue/platform plank voter. I'm waiting to see how everything unfolds before recommending Bullock to anyone. The stench is already rising from the field that has declared their candidacies.

As Sytes said above: "Politics"

I've worked with the Governor for his entire term, and his term as AG before that. He's got my vote.

Bullock's defense of stream access, roadless areas, taking on the pro-transfer crowd and his ability to increase good management of public lands through the good neighbor authority are everything that we could ask for in a public servant. His work on sage grouse is being lauded as pretty visionary in terms of allowing for true multiple use of public lands while still conserving birds where they need it the most.

He's fiscally conservative, having offered up and passed four balanced budgets, always maintained a rainy day account for emergencies, expanded medicaid under a GOP legislature and didn't give in when the no-nothing contingent of the GOP refused to invest in infrastructure, getting over $400 million in new infrastructure projects moving this last session.

He's everything people claim they want in a candidate. Except for the dad jeans.

That is all good stuff and he may very well be a strong candidate. But we should consider the rest of the things that would make him the "Complete Package". How does he feel about God and Country? Does he support prayer and religion? Has he been in the military? How does he view the military, police, and other law enforcement agencies? Does he support the veterans and how? Where does he stand on immigration and border security? Without the military, veterans, and good boarder security, you wouldn't have all the other good stuff you have focused on. Is he a hater that won't support President Trumps efforts because it's trump and not for the good of our country? I'm sure I don't write as elegant as you other folks, but there is a lot more at stake right now for our country than just the current Democrats agenda that we have witnessed for our selves.

I think he's gunning for AG. Really touting the campaign finance issues and I don't think that hits home for the average voter but I think it's designed to appeal for the AG spot.

That is all good stuff and he may very well be a strong candidate. But we should consider the rest of the things that would make him the "Complete Package". How does he feel about God and Country? Does he support prayer and religion? Has he been in the military? How does he view the military, police, and other law enforcement agencies? Does he support the veterans and how? Where does he stand on immigration and border security? Without the military, veterans, and good boarder security, you wouldn't have all the other good stuff you have focused on. Is he a hater that won't support President Trumps efforts because it's trump and not for the good of our country? I'm sure I don't write as elegant as you other folks, but there is a lot more at stake right now for our country than just the current Democrats agenda that we have witnessed for our selves.

He's routinely been endorsed by law enforcement, and as AG was widely known for his support of LEO's. Yes, he's a Christian but isn't someone who wears his faith on his sleeve. His dedication to early childhood education & ensuring that all people have a chance to create a better life resonate with many, many people who voted for Trump (some 60,000 trump supporters voted for him in 2016). He's overseen border security between the MT & Canada for the last 6 years with no issues and strong relationship with Border Patrol and local LEO's and he's been one of the strongest allies that Veterans could have in the Governor's seat, promoting and pursuing better funding for veterans like the Vet homes in Butte, etc. He's not been in the military, but he's also not gamed the system with "bone spurs" to keep from doing his duty either.

As for supporting Trump - he's running to be Trump's opponent. So I'd say it's safe to bet he's not going to support the guy he's running against. ;)

He's routinely been endorsed by law enforcement, and as AG was widely known for his support of LEO's. Yes, he's a Christian but isn't someone who wears his faith on his sleeve. His dedication to early childhood education & ensuring that all people have a chance to create a better life resonate with many, many people who voted for Trump (some 60,000 trump supporters voted for him in 2016). He's overseen border security between the MT & Canada for the last 6 years with no issues and strong relationship with Border Patrol and local LEO's and he's been one of the strongest allies that Veterans could have in the Governor's seat, promoting and pursuing better funding for veterans like the Vet homes in Butte, etc. He's not been in the military, but he's also not gamed the system with "bone spurs" to keep from doing his duty either.

As for supporting Trump - he's running to be Trump's opponent. So I'd say it's safe to bet he's not going to support the guy he's running against. ;)

Well put and thank you for the clarification. You put it very respectfully and I appreciate that.

As for supporting Trump, no he wouldn't support him as a candidate, but my point was more that there are things that the President has done that are good for our country. And some "Democrats" won't support or even acknowledge these things due to hatred for the man and not respect for the office. If he was to win the Presidency, wouldn't he want that support/respect from "Republicans" as well?

With Biden all but drooling on himself, Bullock's lane to the nomination is wide open. If he can get into the top tier, I think he will be hard to beat.

I think people who are quick to dismiss a young, engaging politician have forgotten what happened in 2008. Bullock has a shot at this. He raised $1 million in 24 hours, is already getting key endorsements from Iowa politicians and he's nailing his press debut on cable news.

He's not to be underestimated.

Well put and thank you for the clarification. You put it very respectfully and I appreciate that.

As for supporting Trump, no he wouldn't support him as a candidate, but my point was more that there are things that the President has done that are good for our country. And some "Democrats" won't support or even acknowledge these things due to hatred for the man and not respect for the office. If he was to win the Presidency, wouldn't he want that support/respect from "Republicans" as well?

We're all in this together, even the haters and the losers. :D

Bullock's been a strong bipartisan guy. He had to be in the state where the legislature was heavily Republican. By working with everyone he was able to expand medicaid, pass balanced budgets, increase public land management through the farm bill authority, and he's been known to work closely with republicans on a variety of issues related to state lands, complex governance issues, campaign finance and early childhood education.

And he's one of us:

I think people who are quick to dismiss a young, engaging politician have forgotten what happened in 2008. Bullock has a shot at this. He raised $1 million in 24 hours, is already getting key endorsements from Iowa politicians and he's nailing his press debut on cable news.

He's not to be underestimated.

I hope you’re right.
I just think the corporate dems have settled on Biden. The commie SJW dems want Warren or Sanders.

In other news, I listened to Tulsi Gabbard on the Rogan podcast yesterday and must say I’m impressed. Probably a lot to disagree with that was not discussed, but she sure isn’t afraid to point out the crookedness of government especially inside her own party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back