Caribou Gear Tarp

MT residents thoughts on Steve Bullock

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is all good stuff and he may very well be a strong candidate. But we should consider the rest of the things that would make him the "Complete Package". How does he feel about God and Country? Does he support prayer and religion? Has he been in the military? How does he view the military, police, and other law enforcement agencies? Does he support the veterans and how? Where does he stand on immigration and border security? Without the military, veterans, and good boarder security, you wouldn't have all the other good stuff you have focused on. Is he a hater that won't support President Trumps efforts because it's trump and not for the good of our country? I'm sure I don't write as elegant as you other folks, but there is a lot more at stake right now for our country than just the current Democrats agenda that we have witnessed for our selves.
Fair questions for Bullock.....and POTUS.

He's ran a surplus when most states were running deficits, despite some pretty bad Bullock's been a staunch supporter of trades as well college education. His Dept of Labor and Industry has done tremendous work increasing trades apprenticeships, etc rather than just encouraging kids to get an English Lit degree then waiting tables. Dude is the real deal.

Working to bring common sense to our forests.

Wasn't he pushing for a ban on all semi-auto firearms?

Doesn't matter anyway, the DNC picks the nominee regardless of what voters want, Wikileaks docs made that much clear.
He has supported background checks, and some semi auto's
That is all good stuff and he may very well be a strong candidate. But we should consider the rest of the things that would make him the "Complete Package". How does he feel about God and Country? Who's God? Does it have to be yours to matter? Does he support prayer and religion? Type of prayer, and location, and religious affiliation your commenting on please? Has he been in the military? How does he view the military, police, and other law enforcement agencies? Does he support the veterans and how? Where does he stand on immigration and border security? Without the military, veterans, and good boarder security, you wouldn't have all the other good stuff you have focused on. Is he a hater that won't support President Trumps efforts because it's trump and not for the good of our country? I'm sure I don't write as elegant as you other folks, but there is a lot more at stake right now for our country than just the current Democrats agenda that we have witnessed for our selves. Elegant isn't a prerequisite here. There is more at statke than either a Democrats agenda, or a supposed Republican's agenda.

Looking for some clarification here.

Looking for some clarification here.

All can pray to whatever God they choose to. And so can I. We as Americans don't need anyone stopping us from the freedom of religion. No, it does not have to be my God. But my children shouldn't be told they can't pray before a meal in school. Everyone has the right to worship how you want and be afforded the respect and tolerance to do so. In regards to religion and prayer, we have seen some very disturbing changes in our country in recent years. The vary foundation that our country was founded on has been changed forever. I'm not going to go into a huge debate on this, but there is more than meets the eye and that can be disused in this forum and I don't wish to attempt to change anyone's point of view. But where a presidential candidate is concerned, we should know where he stands on such issues.

It has been very evident, in my opinion, that the Democratic agenda has not been in the best interest of our country. Sorry, but there are a lot of double standards and crocked dealings. Personally I don't care what political party someone belongs to, I care about where our country is headed. And from what I have seen, Steve Bullock might be to honest to ever get the nomination for his party. Good luck to him...

He is a very intriguing candidate. A proven track record of working with everyone is a seemingly rare commodity these days. I wonder how much more difficult it will be when trying to wrangle factions from all over the country?

Thanks for the feedback folks. He sure sounds like someone I can support. Looking forward to meeting him on the campaign trail.

I watched the vids of Bullock at the CAP conference of 18 just to see how he would do on TV. I already knew how he stood on most issues and how he'd done as Governor. . . Despite liking him more than any other candidate I can remember, and despite liking his positions on most issues. . he was having an off day at the Center of American Progress, can't blame him for not liking the venue, I'm not a big fan of CAP, but it was a place for future candidates to show some leg. How a candidate does on TV answering questions from live people can be important. I'd vote for Bullock, and I wouldn't have to hold my nose, hard for me to say that about the 20 other Dems running.

Other candidates are a crap shoot. The big donors for Clinton/Obama poured money into Kamala Harris early and now she's polling somewhere in the single digits along with other early darlings of the small donor set. I think big corporations and more traditional Dems like Biden, he's a familiar and known quantity. I'm not sure he has the juice, I wouldn't and he's a lot older than me. Biden is also anathema to SJWs, and don't underestimate the power of supposed "small donors".

Besides all that usually presidents are re elected. Economy is good, Trump is charismatic. Like someone above said, Trump has done some good things, he might be a lot harder to beat than many in the left bubble think.

He was interesting right up till he flip flopped on gun control and smoked one too many climate change joints. I wonder why a guy like bullock would even go there? Same old regurgitated talking points, failed ideas and policies. If he’s got some NEW ideas on gun control that will save some lives without taking the rights of millions of Law abiding Americans I’m all ears. If he’s got some NEW ideas on how to effect climate change that will actually effect the climate and not just taxes and utility bills , than I’m all ears.. until then... Trump 2020

Last edited:
Ben Lamb you come across as the most honest Democrat I have come across. I would vote for you and I have strong leanings to the Republican side!

Get active, you are voteable. Beer drinking is normal and not a deterrent.

All can pray to whatever God they choose to. And so can I. We as Americans don't need anyone stopping us from the freedom of religion. No, it does not have to be my God. But my children shouldn't be told they can't pray before a meal in school. Everyone has the right to worship how you want and be afforded the respect and tolerance to do so. In regards to religion and prayer, we have seen some very disturbing changes in our country in recent years. The vary foundation that our country was founded on has been changed forever. I'm not going to go into a huge debate on this, but there is more than meets the eye and that can be disused in this forum and I don't wish to attempt to change anyone's point of view. But where a presidential candidate is concerned, we should know where he stands on such issues.

It has been very evident, in my opinion, that the Democratic agenda has not been in the best interest of our country. Sorry, but there are a lot of double standards and crocked dealings. Personally I don't care what political party someone belongs to, I care about where our country is headed. And from what I have seen, Steve Bullock might be to honest to ever get the nomination for his party. Good luck to him...

Show me a link where it's illegal to pray in school, so long as your not being disruptive in class. Just as gun control card gets dropped by the far right every time we have elections, so does the religious discrimination card. Please show me the changes in religious freedoms that our country has gone through. Just quick links will be good enough. Please make sure it's a credible source. What I see is the religious right wanting their form of religion promoted in school vs others.

If your kids were stopped from praying is school they I suggest you Lawyer up. They have that right.

We should know where all our candidates are on issues, and cast votes accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back