MT Ram

Yesterday was my 29th day. I’ve seen maybe close to that many rams. This weekend all I saw was a ton of people out hiking and a weasel. The sheep are in the shade & getting harder to find/re-find. The smoke is really making seeing anything a long ways difficult. Some new binoculars show up Wednesday and I’m on my shortest belt loop. I’m starting to realize I’ll see a lot of sheep I didn’t see in the summer, in November. I might be glassing from a picnic table, eating a corn dog and enjoying a cup of coffee.

D7FA230F-B116-4D82-A1BA-2D1FDE29E794.jpegF0341BBB-BC2A-4CDC-BAA3-566247082366.jpeg6305A4C7-0F96-40A6-A99C-475C52959157.jpeg

Last edited:
Great pics!
Two questions:
1. What optics did you go with?
2. Has a gofundme been started to supplement the Hopzone budget?
I'm selling my 10X42 els and getting 12x42 NL pures. Will use on a tripod and they'll be really nice. Gofundme might be a good idea just for the binoculars.

@mtmuley No target rams, but there are a few decent ones around that I'd probably be real happy with. There are not any really huge rams in this unit. They do get really pretty hides and dark stained horns here though. I've seen a few than I need to get closer to, and I've had a hard time refinding them. In a perfect world, I'd like one 8+ years old, something a little better than the average ram taken, or a little better than the best ram usually taken on most years. Maybe 35-36+ length, with 15+ bases. I prefer the handsome ones, but beggars can't be choosy. This one might be the one in the snow above, or not. Who knows. TT boy's great uncle Johnny Wadd. "Target animals" on "hit lists" should be named with something that represents legendary talent.

He'll end up near the Conoco, with about 2-3 others about like him. I have a ball peen hammer with his name on it, or something like that. I've heard of onlookers, "booing" successful sheep harvests in November. Hopefully there will be a different ending.
26F5C4AA-EACC-4D0A-88F7-A33D7A78AAD1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm selling my 10X42 els and getting 12x42 NL pures. Will use on a tripod and they'll be really nice. Gofundme might be a good idea just for the binoculars.

@mtmuley No target rams, but there are a few decent ones around that I'd probably be real happy with. There are not any really huge rams in this unit. They do get really pretty hides and dark stained horns here though. I've seen a few than I need to get closer to, and I've had a hard time refinding them. In a perfect world, I'd like one 8+ years old, and something a little better than the average ram taken here, or a little better than the best ram usually taken is on most years. Maybe 35-36+ length, with 15+ bases. I prefer the handsome ones, but beggars can't be choosy. This one might be the one in the snow above, or not. Who knows. TT boy's great uncle Johnny Wadd. Must name "target animals" on "hit lists" with something that represents legendary talent.

He'll end up near the Conoco, with about 2-3 others about like him. I have a ball peen hammer with his name on it, or something like that. I've heard of onlookers, "booing" successful sheep harvests in November. Hopefully there will be a different ending.

View attachment 189541
Thanks greenhorn. You have me rethinking how I am going to go about applying for sheep. I live near a couple units that aren't "famous". But, I know them well and they are special places. Look forward to more. mtmuley

@mtmuley No target rams, but there are a few decent ones around that I'd probably be real happy with. There are not any really huge rams in this unit. They do get really pretty hides and dark stained horns here though. I've seen a few than I need to get closer to, and I've had a hard time refinding them. In a perfect world, I'd like one 8+ years old, and something a little better than the average ram taken here, or a little better than the best ram usually taken is on most years. Maybe 35-36+ length, with 15+ bases. I prefer the handsome ones, but beggars can't be choosy. This one might be the one in the snow above, or not. Who knows. TT boy's great uncle Johnny Wadd. Must name "target animals" on "hit lists" with something that represents legendary talent.

View attachment 189541
That dude must be a pussy. He still has lamb tips on his horns. Maybe he identifies as a ewe?

Nice sheep.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back