Yeti GOBOX Collection

MT Ram

Still haven't seen someone give their tag this much justice, maybe ever. High country ram or not, I'm envious of the grit you have to stick it out this long and put that kind of time in.

Yeah, between the mental and physical parts I would be struggling. Maybe I need more Hopzone, I will have to make a stop in MT this next week to buy some when I am driving through.

@Greenhorn I've been silently following this thread, but I have to chime in. You are giving it one hell of an effort! Every sports fan has a list of teams they cheer for once their team exits the playoffs, and when it comes to MT sheep hunting, I'm a total sports fan. Since @MTGomer tagged out a couple years back, @EYJONAS! was the dude at the top, but you've moved into a dead heat with him this season. Keep giving it hel... err... hopzone. #unashamedfanboy

Scouting and early hunting was a lot of fun. Lots of great country, fishing, and some sheep. Went alone most of time, but good friends and kids came some. Most productive trip was late July - took my better half. We spotted 18 rams from one location, and some good ones. We packed in 12 green cans and a bottle of wine - we polished it all off. That trip put me in a bad spot, as someone now seems to think it should be real easy to get one of these things, because they’re just everywhere. I’m apparently sandbagging.

Last edited:
Those fish pictures are great. I liked the ones you texted me better though. Did you foil up those fish and cook em up? Great with a side dish of mountain house rice type meals.

Back