Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Mt. Muley (Dave/Gerald strike again)

Elkoholic

I got back Sat. night from a week of the Mt. rifle opener. Since I owed Gerald big time for some pack outs the main purpose of the trip was to be a second set of eyes and pack elk meat for Gerald & his daughter Olivia, squeezing in a deer hunt for myself would only be a bonus.
Without giving up details, the Martin father & daughter work allowed for me to get that deer hunt squeezed in before I had to pull out for home Friday.
Thursday morning Gerald and I headed out looking for a deer, long story short.... we spotted two decent bucks, some scrambling getting my rifle off my pack and a rest, two shots both clean misses, and we were off trying to chase them down. We were able to catch up to the bucks spotting them bedded, worked our way around and belly crawled up on top of a rock knoll, Gerald got the video equipment all set up, I had a perfect Y in a tree for a rest and was fortunate enough to have time to get my act together and make the short 177yd shot. Gerald was as willing as usual to help pack out another animal, but I believe we're pretty even after this trip, but really who's counting.
It was an end to a story book week...

> I suspect Gerald is working up a post of the accounts left out leading up to this point.

IMG_1005.jpg

Attaboy Dave! After the week you and Gerald had I assume you only looked at deer at the top of drainages...

Attaboy Dave! After the week you and Gerald had I assume you only looked at deer at the top of drainages...

Haha, I was thinking both Dave and Gerald look like they were tired of packing elk meat out. Wish I could have given you guys a hand. Congrats Dave!

I think the time has come for us to dub you two with one of those cute Hollywood couple nicknames.

Option 1: "Gervid"
Option 2: "Davald"

You guys choose. I think we would all consider either acceptable.

***also, very nice job you two. The Breaks will never be the same......***

It was only a short mile and a half to the truck. Almost like being on top of the ridge.... after climbing two or three.

I like this pic of Dave and his buck.

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 782
Haha, I was thinking both Dave and Gerald look like they were tired of packing elk meat out. Wish I could have given you guys a hand. Congrats Dave!

You don't know how much we wished you would have been there to give us two hands! :) Dave did pretty good for only packing a rifle half a day out of a week long hunt.

There is another story waiting to be written when I have adequate time to do it justice. For now I'll leave a teaser pic of four delicious fruity smiley faces. Mass makes me smile too!

Attachments

• 20171024_191648.jpg
    20171024_191648.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 773
Somewhere there has been a statement made about how a few percentage of hunters harvest the vast majority of the game. You two gents are living examples of living in the highly successful cohort.

Over the years of "knowing" you two via the internet, I have made some observations and now will share a couple of your secrets to success with the readers of this thread:
.................... you are willing to go farther, and stay longer than the average hunter
.....................difficulty of a packout makes no nevermind to ya'll
.....................you both would rather your partner get his quarry more than yourself
.....................one would presume that you have "game eyes" and glassing skills that are far above average
.....................someone really understands the nature of your quarry, and is student of the natural world
.....................you really enjoy the hunt, and each others friendship

I think the time has come for us to dub you two with one of those cute Hollywood couple nicknames.

Option 1: "Gervid"
Option 2: "Davald"

You guys choose. I think we would all consider either acceptable.

***also, very nice job you two. The Breaks will never be the same......***

Gervid! I love it. Especially with how many Cervid they seem to be knocking over these days.

Sounds like you two had a hell of a time. That's a pretty awesome deer for a last minute add-on.

Gervid! I love it. Especially with how many Cervid they seem to be knocking over these days.

Sounds like you two had a hell of a time. That's a pretty awesome deer for a last minute add-on.

If we are going to come up with a cutesy name you'll have to throw Olivia's into the mishmash. She was a big part of last week's adventure. Matching outfits are a no-go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back