Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT LE tag "confusion"

Bambistew

I haven't had a MT special permit in decades and am curious what they look like and how you get one. Are they mailed, printed off at home or at a vendor?

I read about a hunter (Luke Sterling), who got busted for hunting the wrong area in the Breaks. I presume he's from MT, but haven't looked him up. I'm just curious how easy it could be to make this supposed mistake? Did he not look at the draw results, but rather just waited for the tag to come in the mail, then didn't check the number?

Who doesn't check the draw results online these days? I thought it was quite obvious in the draw results what tag you get. And I would think that after 15 years of applying for the same code, you'd be like, "hey, that's not the one I applied for!" But, maybe he just waited for it to come in the mail and never looked at the tag?

sterlings_extreme_outdoors

“ THE TRUTH” Here is the truth! I am a by the book hunter however, we are all only human and bound to make mistakes. I want to clear the air regarding my elk hunt last year. I have been putting in for the same tag for 15 years and somehow a number got selected incorrect when submitting my draw selection. This is an easy thing to do and I know many people first hand that have done this as well. I honestly didn’t even know this number was incorrect until I had an FWP Ranger on my doorstep. I confidently explained my hunt, showed them exactly where I took my elk, showed my permit thinking they were mistaken only to realize that the district I got my elk permit for was 8 miles from where I harvested. Again this is an honest mistake. I am not a poacher nor do I purposely break laws. Some people think it is their place to tell the story with a different twist making me out to be something and someone I am not. This misunderstanding is still being sorted out with the proper authorities and my attorney. So the outcome of any repercussions is still not finalized despite the rumors of losing my license and my rights. My friends and followers know who I am and how important it is to me to abide by the laws as well as teaching them to my children and other hunters just starting out. If you doubt my character or think badly of me for making an easy to make human error please “UNFOLLOW” me. I don’t want or need people in my life that don’t know me well enough to realize these simple facts. I want to send a special shout out to @danpickar from @beyondthegridtv thank you thank you for sticking your nose in my business and slandering my name on social media, maybe next time you will learn it is not your place to make up deceitful lies about things you clearly don’t understand. @eastmanshuntingjournals
18h

He pleaded guilty, which for the fine amount, would have been worth it vs paying a lawyer.

I'm just not buying the excuse from a guy that applied for the same tag for 15 years and not realizing the tag you drew was incorrect? Just doesn't add up. He knows that hunt number by heart, and probably has it printed on a sticker on his back window.

Smells fishy... but at the same time I've made some mistakes... nothing like that.

Wondering if he just screwed up the district boundaries?

Well, the one year I put in for the wrong unit I distinctly realized it when I looked up my results of "successful".

If you don't believe me, you can "UNFOLLOW" me LOLZ.....

"and somehow a number got selected incorrect when submitting my draw selection."

Is that like saying he fat-fingered his appication submission?

I've done that before. But I definitely noticed it when the draw results came out.

"and somehow a number got selected incorrect when submitting my draw selection."

Is that like saying he fat-fingered his appication submission?

I've done that before. But I definitely noticed it when the draw results came out.
I can see a mixup on the application, but to not look at your results or license after the fact, especially on a LE tag?

I know whenever I've been lucky enough to have my number drawn I've checked and rechecked to make sure I was right. That was after the 10 rechecks I do when I'm putting in for a permit.

I just can't wrap my head around it..... gonna have to unfollow now I guess.

To bad he has some decent stuff on the 'tube

I cant support his claim. Too many chances too confirm correct unit.

100% a lie and his post makes things worse. He could have easily made an apology but instead he chose the Instagram excuse. By him stopping comments only makes him more guilty of the lie

years ago I accidentally selected the wrong permit number and lost my points on an archery permit. It was very obvious on the permit which unit I drew and anyone that isn't a complete moron would have looked at the permit especially since you have to sign the damn thing.

So was he filming for a show with Dan? Seems odd to not know which unit you're supposed to be in especially if he drew a general season tag.
Not judging since I know none of the facts so I'll just get the popcorn ready.

Just another "celebrity hunter" who must succeed (in his mind) to further his popularity. He takes no responsibility for his actions. I have drawn many permits in many states. Who (other than this guy) doesn't read all the permit info when it arrives in the mail ?!?!

Were the Eastman guys hunting with him? Seems that he must think they did something wrong to sour his attitude?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back