Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

MT LE tag "confusion"

He’s full of shit on this one. There isn’t another LE unit within 8 miles of where he killed that bull. 28 miles maybe, but definitely not 8. Also, the units bordering that are almost all in region 4 so that would have been damn obvious on his tag.

I drew a 410 cow permit one year instead of an either sex permit when I submitted the wrong number at the end of the permit.
I was the happiest hunter in the world after the permit arrived in the mail.For two days. Then the words “antlerless only” made me recheck what I thought I had.
I can understand getting the wrong permit. I don’t understand not checking it.

I could see him putting in for the wrong unit, heck I know a guy that runs faster, dives deeper and comes up drier than anyone and he did it on moose this year. Now actually hunting the wrong unit, this dude is full of crap.

Last edited:
We live in the age of information. I find it hard to believe or sympathize he made an "honest mistake" when you can cross reference - before you go into the field - where you should be hunting on the paper copy or online vs. OnX or the regs.

Suppose we also live in an age where it's not enough to admit your mistake and take your lumps vs. doubling-down on social media.

His negligence is his to own, as is the fallout. I'm guessing the hard pill to swallow is being labeled a poacher. See previous sentence.

Can you request a list of fellow permit holders? Imagine if it was published for all to see. I'll bet things like this happen a lot more than we realize.
He’s full of shit on this one. There isn’t another LE unit within 8 miles of where he killed that bull. 28 miles maybe, but definitely not 8. Also, the units bordering that are almost all in region 4 so that would have been damn obvious on his tag.
Do you know the unit? Are the areas around it that are unlimited archery permits or general? I haven't kept up on MT elk draw in a while. I just can't figure out why the 8 mile thing is relevant.

His negligence is his to own, as is the fallout. I'm guessing the hard pill to swallow is being labeled a poacher. See previous sentence.

Can you request a list of fellow permit holders? Imagine if it was published for all to see. I'll bet things like this happen a lot more than we realize.

Do you know the unit? Are the areas around it that are unlimited archery permits or general? I haven't kept up on MT elk draw in a while. I just can't figure out why the 8 mile thing is rele

I’ll send you a PM when I get a few minutes.

Yes I believe a FOIA will give you that info.

I don't know about everyone else, but I look at my application about 10 times before I click "submit", and when I get a tag, especially a special one, I tend to look it over again and again just because I'm so excited. So, doesn't feel right, and the fact he lawyered up itself potentially implicates him.

We see this far too often with the advent of social media. Anything, and I mean ANYTHING, to get clicks.

Just another "celebrity hunter" who must succeed (in his mind) to further his popularity. He takes no responsibility for his actions. I have drawn many permits in many states. Who (other than this guy) doesn't read all the permit info when it arrives in the mail ?!?!
This guy didn't.

Interesting difference in the tone of the replies to the two posts. Not 100% apples to apples but also not wildly different either. Neither person examined all the necessary information as close as they should have. Both have a social media presence. On average, one receives understanding, one receives doubt.

They used to have a list at the fwp office. Not sure if they still do but yes you could get one.
Point is they are public information. I should have been more specific.

This guy didn't.

Interesting difference in the tone of the replies to the two posts. Not 100% apples to apples but also not wildly different either. Neither person examined all the necessary information as close as they should have. Both have a social media presence. On average, one receives understanding, one receives doubt.
I have an almost unreasonable fear of ever getting a hunting violation for exactly this reason...

The one thing I always look at is how the violation is dealt with, self reporting and not making excuses changes things a bit in my mind. Mistakes do happen and anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't done much hunting or fishing...

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back