MT archery elk - We're baaack!

Awesome! I was also elk hunting off and on and getting ready for the trips didn't leave much time to look much at this! For what you lacked in the 9th inning walk off department on your AZ antelope trip you made up for it on the elk hunt! Sounds like a great time with a great bull!

I should also add that while in the middle of reading this my dad turned on the TV and turned it to Rocky....it was a fight scene so it was nothing but music and punches. I found that hilarious as I was winding down to the last few pages of the hunt. It was fitting background music to the story of a great hunt! Congrats guys! (as this seemed like a team effort!!!)

You guys stuck it out when most would have packed it up. I cant imagine how hard it was to keep going to the end with so many odds against you. Congrats on a great bull.

WTG Fin,great write up and bull.get some rest and put some weight back on and get ready for NM.

Congrats Fin, what a great bull! You and Troy deffinetly deserve it, you fella's worked your tail off. Thanks for sharing the story, it was a good one.

Nice work Randy. That is an awesome bull and an absolutely amazing play by play. Congrats on a well earned bull.

Funny thing I saw yesterday.It was a helicopter flying over the Bridgers with something hanging from a cable underneath.Once closer i realized there was a whole bull elk(gutted) swinging by its horns headed to the south side of Bozeman.Fin was that the final cap to an OYOA? Haha Just kidding, fine job tip toeing around corner posts to get a great bull.You earned that one alright.

Way to go gents! An awesome bull, a great story, and all made possible by the stubborn optimism that causes each of us to do what we do and this adventure personifies it Randy.

You done VERY good. My hat is off to you as it would have been easy to pack it in and admit defeat but you stuck with it and earned a fine bull for your efforts.

Congrats on a monster Randy! You've become one hell of a bowhunter.

I still think that NM bull footage off the ledge is the best I've ever seen on a hunting show. Think this this will top that? That would truly be impressive.

Congrats on a monster Randy! You've become one hell of a bowhunter.

I still think that NM bull footage off the ledge is the best I've ever seen on a hunting show. Think this this will top that? That would truly be impressive.

Thanks. Glad you liked that one.

Not sure if this will be better kill footage, but I think it will be close. The entire storyline will be better, making the episode as a whole, better.

Awesome job Randy! Way to stick it out.

And what an awesome bull.....................makes me think i should try to get some elk hunting in:)

You're inspiration for the others of us the DIY hunt . I couldn't hold out any longer and shot a cow on the 11th. Called a bull up for a friend on the 12th and it never presented a chance at a shot so I felt better about my choice to shoot the cow at 20 yards. The started driving cattle and or something got on my cow carcass after that and the area was toasted. Congratulations and keep the inspiration going for us all.

Pat Comer
Ohio

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back