MT alternates list?

Steelhead

3 years in a row unsuccessful. I heard a wicked rumor that EVERYBODY on the alternate list got offered a tag last year and there were still a few left over...hard to believe! Others say you need to be in the top 200 on "the list"...what's the real story?

Can't say for sure. I drew last year, but the year before I was someting like 275 for a combo and didn't get a tag. I think I got down to #65 or so before the season eneded.

Good luck.

3 years in a row unsuccessful. I heard a wicked rumor that EVERYBODY on the alternate list got offered a tag last year and there were still a few left over...hard to believe! Others say you need to be in the top 200 on "the list"...what's the real story?

Sorry but that is a lie. I was like number 1000+ and never got offered a tag. A few years ago I was #2 and got a deer tag though. So as long as your #2 or less you should get a tag. :D

My brother was 185 last year and like 75 the year before. No tag.

I wouldn't hold your breath unless your number is 50 or less.

I'm hoping to get the email saying that I'm #26 on the Alt. list...

Steelhead,

I signed up for the alternate list for deer this year and I figure if I don't get a number under 50 I am screwed.

We should know next week. Good luck!

You guys need to remember the number for a deer only tag needs to be a LOT lower than the deer/elk combo. The D/E combo has been given between 200-275 is what I was told a couple years ago, not sure how true the info was. I was either 205 or 105 last year and got the combo, sorry I dont remember what one it was.

The drawing has been run, and your current position is 573.

Ouch... I guess no Montana for me this year

#736 for me. The back up plan has been initiated for mulies and WT's in another state with Grizzly and Upper Deck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back