Yeti GOBOX Collection

Most Useful Thing You’ve Learned on HuntTalk

Step out and show up if you want to make a difference on wildlife management decisions at the legislature or commission meetings.

Don’t take yourself too seriously here.

Good friends from Hunttalk make hunting trips way more memorable than if you didn’t know them.

Never step on burning paper bags on your porch.

Don’t pitch your tent close to @JohnCushman’s tent unless you have earplugs.

Don’t click on @Hopzonefreak’s links if the kids are around.

A sous vide is a multi purpose piece of equipment.

Intimidating hunting trips can be done by anyone with the drive and determination to do it and it doesn’t need to be as intimidating as it seems.

Gear recommendations and reviews have always been helpful and the lists of what everyone eats as backpacking meals has added a lot to my list.

Probably many more if I think.

lots of really good people on here that share a common passion. Many will help you if they can.

The most important thing I’ve learned is how to be an advocate for the things I care about.

But beyond the conservation special forces stuff that is so central to this place, the reason I stick around and participate as much as I do is for the sense of community. If you’d have told me eight years ago that I would one day bond with strangers on an internet forum, become friends with them, go on hunts with them, and not get diddled, I would have told you that you were high. But it’s happened. Pretty neat.

Everyone hates creedmoors, but when someone asks for creedmoor ammo advice, it turns out 70% of the forum owns one and has a favorite ammo for it.
Guilty. I bought one in a auction just too what all the hubbub was about.

The most important thing I’ve learned is how to be an advocate for the things I care about.

But beyond the conservation special forces stuff that is so central to this place, the reason I stick around and participate as much as I do is for the sense of community. If you’d have told me eight years ago that I would one day bond with strangers on an internet forum, become friends with them, go on hunts with them, and not get diddled, I would have told you that you were high. But it’s happened. Pretty neat.

Per captita it sounds like the greatest danger of getting diddled by other than spouse is at family Christmas dinner… better watch out for the MIL.

1. Everyone deserves to have a community of people who have different experiences and opinions, but care deeply about the same thing. In the echo-chamber of modern life, this is worth its weight in gold.

2. An internet forum full of weirdos can function pretty well and be a pretty dang useful and enjoyable place when it is moderated in a thoughtful way, by thoughtful people.

3. It pains me to say it, but Tilamook really does make pretty good ice cream. The cheese is still garbage, sorry.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back