More Presidential discussion on public lands

One thing that needs to be considered on the potential land grab is that if it does actually move forward, at some point in time it will likely end up in the United States Supreme Court. Who gets nominated and appointed could have a tremendous impact on the final decision regarding public lands staying public. Since I am not a fan of any of the current front runners from either party, I am watching to see if an appt. is made under Obama's watch or goes to the next President. It is likely that I may vote for the candidate that will nominate a person that will protect our public lands in the Supreme Court.

Please do not sit out the presidential election. Silence is not helpful. May I suggest you write in a vote for a public land advocate, like Randy Newberg, or, if you want to be more esoteric, Theodore Roosevelt? Write ins are listed on election results but are almost never reported by news media. However, if a name shows up consistently election officials will notice and, hopefully, it will make its way to the public eye.

That may be what I do, I have voted in every election since I turned 18 in 1978 but there is not one of these candidates I would through a lever for.

Sportsman can NOT vote for Cruz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hillary's position on the public transfer? Last I read it was quite vague, which is typical of a Clinton. At least Sanders vehemently came out against it. If Trump somehow doesn't manage to win the nomination, I could stomach pulling the lever for Sanders, but I don't know if I can for Hillary.

Can someone post some examples of how states have sold lands that were generally well used public lands? I ask because I have friends and relatives who feel he's the best candidate and I bring up this issue to them. I admit I'm not as well versed as many of you but if you could help me by providing examples I'd like to be able to share factual examples with them why this is bad.

Thanks

Nevada sold almost all their state lands and to date Utah has sold about half of theirs. With this newest CNN news with Montana's largest landowners giving to the guy who wants to "Give public land back to the people" There should be no doubt as to the true intent

No matter the winner of this presidential election the American People lose. Sad that there is not even a lesser of the two evils to vote for. I do not like the fact that have have the right to vote, but nobody worthy of voting for.

I hear a lot of no choices being said, but you better pick one and get with it! This may not come again where we have the ability to shut down both machines. Just because a Candidate has not spoken out on the Public Lands does not mean they will hold them as sacred as we do. We are asking somebody to take command of a 19 or 20 Trillion dollar debt and weird things can happen when they get in office. John

I know AJones is a total A**hat, conspiracy theory, moron, and a litany of other vulgar adjectives, but thought I'd share this. Is trump speaking out both sides of his mouth on lands?
“Because the BLM is so reluctant to release land to local disposition in Nevada,” Trump said, “the cost of land has skyrocketed and the cost of living has become an impediment to growth.”

Maybe Trump never said that, considering the source.. who know. Thoughts?

http://www.infowars.com/trump-blm-damaging-economy-impediment-to-growth/

Question: Is not voting for Cruz the same thing as voting against him, or does it equal sitting out of the process?

I identify as independent, I vote across party lines, and I've always considered myself pretty involved in my own political process, I tell people I vote policy not party, I try to do my background research on all candidates to make the most informed decision at hand...but I really don't have to do that this year.

The Republican candidates have made it easy: whoever runs on either side, I'll be voting for the most likely candidate to beat the Republican party. From public lands, to human rights, to religious extremism, to open racism, and to what I perceive as blatant fascism (nice work Trump!)--anything coming from the left is better. Even if it's Clinton and her oligarchic tendencies.

The extremism has gone too far. I hope this is the last election cycle where we have to put up with this kind of BS.

Well said NKQualtieri.

I don't particularly like either of the Democrats but juxtaposed against the GOP candidates it is obvious for me. Reminds me of an Isaac Asimov quote:

"When people thought the earth was flat they were wrong. When people thought the earth was a sphere they were wrong. But if you think thinking the earth is flat is as wrong as thinking the earth is a sphere then you are more wrong than the both of them."

Well it looks almost certain trump will get the nomination so hopefully we won't have to worry about CRuz! Thank god! I would never vote for Cruz but Trump has my vote!

Well said NKQualtieri.

I don't particularly like either of the Democrats but juxtaposed against the GOP candidates it is obvious for me. Reminds me of an Isaac Asimov quote:

"When people thought the earth was flat they were wrong. When people thought the earth was a sphere they were wrong. But if you think thinking the earth is flat is as wrong as thinking the earth is a sphere then you are more wrong than the both of them."

Mr. Asimov might also say that Ms. Clinton is juxtaposed against honesty whenever the opportunity arises.

I like this quote.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I've found it!), but 'That's funny...' -Isaac Asimov.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I've found it!), but 'That's funny...' -Isaac Asimov.
Funny as in strange of course. There better be a lot of R's making the same observation about Trump's appeal.

Cruz won in Idaho with the message "I'll give Idahoans back their land"
I'm surrounded by IDIOTS!

Well it looks almost certain trump will get the nomination so hopefully we won't have to worry about CRuz! Thank god! I would never vote for Cruz but Trump has my vote!

I don't believe there is any amount of certainty. What makes you feel so strongly that it's in the bag this morning?

Funny as in strange of course. There better be a lot of R's making the same observation about Trump's appeal.

I agree Rob...and independents..and democrats.

If he wins, Kasich and Rubio will need to cash in the political capital they have in their respective states..if they will and if they can. Guess it depends on what Trump promises them. Strange bedfellows huh?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoosier50
Back