Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montanans Suck

Way to go Craig!

I know the exact spot from where you took the deer pics. I camped on the little bluff behind you (overlooking the spit).

Did you take the "trail" up the spine of the ridge or did you hike up Wild Creek? Details man details

Way cool. Excellent hair on that guy. Looks like you had great weather too. How was the hike?
Hike wasn't bad for a goat hunt. About 6 hours in due to the alders and vegetation, but we weren't in any hurry.

great job lickbag, did you get your ducks you wanted??
Not everything I wanted, but did get my primary want, Harliquins (sp).
P1000490-2.jpg

Way to go Craig!

I know the exact spot from where you took the deer pics. I camped on the little bluff behind you (overlooking the spit).

Did you take the "trail" up the spine of the ridge or did you hike up Wild Creek? Details man details

Deer pics were near the lodge. I will PM you about access.

Nice goat. Are you getting some dying quivers in the photo?
Every chance I get.:eek:

Cornfed--I brought the entire hide home, but doubt I will go full body. Too much money and my house isn't very big. I have seen a few 1/2 mounts that I really like, so might go that way.

My opinion.. half mounts look stupider than a soup sandwich. Go either lifesize or shoulder.. shoulder mounts are underated and way cool on goats.

Miller

Great goat and pics. Not typically a big advocate of rugs, but for someone like yourself who is limited on space...goat rugs look pretty gnarly. I could be alone on this one though. :confused:

Miller

Great goat and pics. Not typically a big advocate of rugs, but for someone like yourself who is limited on space...goat rugs look pretty gnarly. I could be alone on this one though. :confused:

Nope, that's what I'll be doing with my next goat. :D

Miller, again very nice goat and I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Kodiak. :cool:

Miller:

Great job. Cool pics. Fantastic goat. You must be collecting those white-haired beasts.

This one should be a beauty to add to your collection.

Miller

Rugs are not bad looking, but if he lifesized it, the taxidermist will have a lot of sewing to do for a rug. I tend to agree with GH, I don't really like the looks of the 1/2 mounts. But I don't have to, do I? ;)

Nice Goat. congrats.

goat rugs are pretty sharp. My wife has done quite a few of them. Now what would be cool is to do a lifesize, cut it in half and have the ass and back legs on one side of the wall and the front half on the other. I think I'm gonna do that with my next bear.

My opinion.. half mounts look stupider than a soup sandwich. Go either lifesize or shoulder.. shoulder mounts are underated and way cool on goats.

Already have a shoulder mount, and agree, pretty sweet. I also like the looks of the 1/2 mount like this one.

goat2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back