Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montanans Suck

TBinKodiak

Well at least one of them does.
I know Miller is in the air on his way here so I'm blaming him for pushing this weather on us. I was just outside and its fricking snowing. Nothing is going to stick but just the same it stinks. Duck hunting hasn't even opened yet and its already snowing, guess the good news is maybe some of the alpine lakes will freeze and push some ducks down...
Time to get the decoys out and check the lines. hump

I hope he takes this chit with him, been snowing off and on for a week now, high country has lots of snow.. I have to scale cliffs goat hunting, was hopeing for Indian summer

Yeah it cleared off and the mts are covered with a dusting down to about 1,000 feet. That should make it good and slippery for his goat hunt.

Trade you for rain and 90 degrees. Didn't think so whiner... :)

Well I ran into Craig at the KI (Best Western). I was there for the Chamber's Annual Dinner tonight. After the chamber event a bunch of us went upstairs to the bar and Craig came up for one. He bought a round for a friend of mine and myself, which pretty much makes him a decent guy in my book (Thanks Craig). He's supposed to fly out Monday at noon, but with the winds we've been having I'm guessing the charter flights are backed up. If he gets pushed back to later in the afternoon we're planning to get out for the duck opener Monday. I like shooting puddle ducks on the opener, but I promised him a few harlequin. Shouldn't be a problem since they are good and dumb this time of year.

Ovis,
The rain I can handle, but you can keep the 90 degree cr@p.... hump

Ah, now we have three pricks in the group.:D Who wants their ass kicked first (sorry, little man's syndrome).:p

Good luck with the hunt, I hope you can get out soon. Hey, we wouldn't "F" with you if we didn't like you.

Whether they are in Montana, AK, or any other state, that statement is true ;)

Good luck Amigo !!!

You can kick my ass first. I'll bring the stool for you to stand on!! ;)

Good luck with the goats!!

He's not due back from Ugak Bay until the 16th.
I heard his flight was a little late getting out because he had to switch his shoes for his hiking boots so he would make it above the "You must this tall to ride" sign. :eek: :D
My guess is he has one on the ground and they are back at the lodge fishing and duck hunting. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were sunny and yesterday and today were a little rainy but you could see up to about 2000 feet part of the day. The main concern with hunting goats here isn't finding the goats, its getting decent enough weather to actually be able to hunt at that elevation. My guess is a 4.5 year old billy 9.375" long with 5.625" bases.
Any on else want to take a guess????

Sounds like a good deal. That's always my biggest worry, you invest the time and money for a big trip and the weather craps on you.

goat090.comp.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back