MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montanans Suck

goat090.comp.jpg

Alright!!! I knew I could smell the hint of foul goat meat in the air earlier this week. So does Hidden Basin have internet access or are you back in town? I tried the Comfort Inn and Best Western, I know they can't give out names so I had to pull some strings, still no dice. Dammit give me a call tomorrow morning, because I have to leave for Anchorage tomorrow afternoon and want to hear the story.
P.S. I see none of the shoulder meat was damaged so I assume you made a nice @$$ shot.... :D

Oh Miller, BTW you are one lucky SOB, took this pick today. Nothing like cutting it close with the slick fluffy white stuff eh????

Fall.jpg

All of this teaser crap this season is about to drive me nuts!

HAHA.. Who started that crap... ;)

Looks like MtMiller was nice enought to help someone else cut up their animal. He's always been helpfull like that.

If, by chance, you did get lucky and that is yours..... congrats Amigo !! :p

Well, I got a PM from Miller on Tuesday morning. He was flying out of Kodiak this morning (Wednesday). I just got back into town from Anchorage, so wasn't able to meet him for a beer. He did give me some info on the hunt though....

Too bad we couldn't meet up Trev.

It was a long day, three flights, three of which were delayed and home at 3am. Oh well, better on the back end...careful Moosie, figure of speech.;)

I did get my goat and I am very happy with him. Great hair and horns that go 9" and 3.

Great hunt with not a single problem. Great area, great outfitter and guide, great accommodations, great weather.

I will try to give a run down on the hunt, but too tired right now and still trying to put my sheet together for a deer hunt this weekend.

take care all and best of luck to those out chasing...or...getting ready to chase critters this weekend.

I guess I lied. Here are a few shots from goats I saw from camp the night before we headed back down the mountain. It would have been a haul over there.:D

Check out the upper grass in the middle of the pic.;)
P1000433Medium.JPG

OK, maybe this is a little better zoom.:D
P1000434Medium.JPG

Another...
P1000435Medium.JPG

Maxed out zoom on the low ones.
P1000438Medium.JPG

Ah hell, not much of a narrative with these.

Saw some deer on the beach and thought I would see how close I could get. I have some of further away, but here is a decent shot of mom and kids.
P1000617Medium.JPG

Oblivious...
P1000633Medium.JPG

Apparently I look like a rock.
P1000635Medium.JPG

Did that rock just laugh at me?
P1000637Medium.JPG

Let me get closer and strech the neck.
P1000638Medium.JPG

Four feet is probably close enough. I am laying over the rock you can see in the picture.
P1000639Medium.JPG

Geez mom is stupid.;)
P1000640Medium.JPG

Way cool. Excellent hair on that guy. Looks like you had great weather too. How was the hike?

Great pic (expected nothing less) miller! Boys on HTalk are whacking some fine animals this year. Appreciate the shares by all!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back