Montana waterfowl opener 13hrs to go!!!

wingman1

Good luck to everyone. Look forward to seeing some pics. Looks like a pretty good shoot for tomorrow if all goes as planned for me.

Good luck wingman our early season in va isn't till next weekend. I've got some woodies already scouted out!

North eastern California is Saturday am also, and I couldn't go.

What can I say, waterfowl season is already upon us. 6 man limit on geese and a few ducks. Main focus was geese so a lot of ducks were spared. Must say the super Vinci is pretty impressive.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 699
Passed on a bunch of birds to make sure I only took mallard drakes. I did have a nice pintail swing through and I forgot to shoulder the gun. Oops.

GuNR was a stud.

Awesome pic as usual. Congrats on what looks like a great hunt. I took 3 first timers and well you can guess the rest. We were not hen free. Going back out tonight for a duck limit.

I took 3 first timers and well you can guess the rest. We were not hen free. Going back out tonight for a duck limit.

No worries on the hens, all legal. Much easier to be picky when there is only one gun instead of four. Good for you getting some guys into the game.

Passed on a bunch of birds to make sure I only took mallard drakes. I did have a nice pintail swing through and I forgot to shoulder the gun. Oops.

GuNR was a stud.

The third from the left looks different, is it just the way the sun is hitting it?

took the son and my 10mo old wirehair, he got 4 ducks , 13 rounds fired, i called and worked the pup, she retreived them all,,, wish we could find some good mallard huntn over here, very few still,,,,

That's a pile of birds.....twice in one day. Save some for me down the way in Kansas

:hump: One of the better opining days. A nice breeze ,10 to 15 mph. lots of sunshine and pleasant temps. BUT the best thing was the ducks where co-operating. The geese seemed to be on holiday.
The only flock we saw came to our decoys but didn't like it and started to leave a smidgen to soon. Still we should have had 3 dead geese on the ground, NOT! ONE was it HUMM going to have to work on that.. The three of us did have out limit in ducks by 11:00 and what an assortment. Mallards canvasbacks, blue and green wing teal, redheads, Gadwall, and pintails.

Copyof101_0449_zpscfc881d4.jpg

Copyof101_0447_zpscd572086.jpg

Copyof101_0451_zpsca5290a3.jpg

Copyof101_0442_zpsa39d99b0.jpg

Copyof101_0455_zpsbd7a1ced.jpg

Copyof101_0457_zps4dda1d43.jpg

And a coyote for good measure

No limit today. Should have, but rookie mistakes and taking pics. Still a good day and GuNR had a great retireve on a blind cripple. Made me proud.

Some great results there chaps, perhaps i need to throw my 12 Gauge in with the rifle in a couple of weeks?
Cheers
Richard

Back