Montana Season Opener

Very cool. I would keep that spot a major secret. Probably have to bring your buddies in with you, under blindfold, or the threat of neutering, if they tell anyone else about the spot.

Can’t wait to see a pic of that with you holding the main beams in your hands.

Great Video, Great Bull!!! Can't wait for you to anchor him and get some grip and grin pics!!!!!!!

That bull needs a wide load sign. Thanks for the entertainment. And congrats on your wife being pregnant! Keep posting and I'll keep watching.

Ok, I've got a plan. I meet you and your wife out there. You run the camera, she's out in front and I do the calling or pack water or snacks or whatever. Then when you both get yours you can call for me:D Heck your place is closer for me to travel than my buddies in the Little snowies it will work out great.;) Thanks for sharing. We had similar experiences just a bit north from you. The bulls were bugling, glunking, raking and carrying on. I got close twice but just couldn't get the boy too stop. I've never seen the elk this into it this early. It was unreal. Thanks for sharing. Good Luck.

Ok..... Lawnboy, time to back off! From the sounds of things you are trying to sneak in on MY deal! Ha ha ha!

These two know there stuff and I predict that in the next couple of weeks there will be about 2K lbs of elk meat on the ground!

I have complete faith they will get it done in time to add a couple of stud muleys to the wall!

Elkwhisper

Any estimates on the size of this bull. I guessed him at 320" at the time, but I'm told he'd probably go a little bigger. I still think he's a young bull with big potential. "Just a baby", as the ol' man would put it...lol.... I think I need to start letting my wife run the camera.

That is cool and your wife kicks ass...

I bet you are dang close with the 320 est...

I've heard several good stories of bulls bugling hard this weekend... not where I was though...

Personally I'd have guessed him better than 320. His 1st's-3rd's are awesome.

I added up some quick numbers and came up with 357 gross. Heck of a nice bull. His bottoms are incredible, and he gets lots of credit for air between the antlers.

I will put my guess in at about 335". Backs look kind of weak, and his main beams aren't super long. Here is a pick of what might actually be his daddy that we took last year.

The bull in the video is a stud to be sure, but I would guess him at at least 20" smaller than the last years bull, which scored 359 4/8".

All that said, does it really even matter what he ends up scoring????? He walks within range of anyone of us, and he is going to be having a bad day! I hope for once that Mike get's the big one this year! That wife of his, has a knack of one upping him every time! Ha Ha !

Elkwhisper

Attachments

• Dan French fix sized.jpg
    Dan French fix sized.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 522
Thanks for the reminder there buddy.......... I actually told my wife to shoot a 430 bull, so I can at least shoot a 390. I told her I would be happy with that....lol... I always said, any elk with a bow is a good elk, but those big boys will make a junkie out of ya.

Elkwhisper.... I roped a spike and spray painted your name on his side for you. The funny thing is, I know you don't mind. You're one of those good Karma people......

Nice footage can't wait to see part 2. Persistence is the key to sucess, "keep on him"!!!!!

I came up with high 340's gross, gorgeous bull that's really not lacking in anything.

Ok.....It's official. Not only does everyone here think my 320 judgement is off, but now I'm getting e-mails that say the same too. Now I'm gonna have to track this bull down and find out first hand. Hope everyone is ready for Part 2: It's gonna be sweeeeet!!!

Give me till the end of the month; it takes a few days to get home and make a cut. Good luck to everyone else these next few weeks.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back