Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana Antelope Draw

Drew my A tag, no b tag. 2nd choice people drew as a 3rd choice last year, ouch. Interested to see if they cut back there or was an increase in apps, maybe both.

Drew my A tag, no b tag. 2nd choice people drew as a 3rd choice last year, ouch. Interested to see if they cut back there or was an increase in apps, maybe both.
I am wondering this as well. I didn’t draw which is fine, I doubt they decreased tags so my guess is an influx of new applicants. The new normal.

I forgot about snakes though 😬 oh boy.
I was watching some guys belly crawling through a CRP field south of Tiber one day, and then watched a 4’ buzz tail slither across the road into the same field. A face to face with him would’ve been exciting.

Have you hunted 'lopes in 490 before? The Smith River WMA was bonkers on opening day. Lead flying everywhere. Had an errant round hit the ground about 10 yards away from me. Maybe a spot to avoid.
Mayhap I have, but perchance I havent...

Well once again no Antelope for the wife and me. First choice was 007 was hoping to get her on her first goat. Oh well next year "maybe".

Have you hunted 'lopes in 490 before? The Smith River WMA was bonkers on opening day. Lead flying everywhere. Had an errant round hit the ground about 10 yards away from me. Maybe a spot to avoid.
Those White Sulphur guys like wildly flinging lead.

Exhibit A: Caitlin Ranch Massacre (last year, may have been year before).
Exhibit B: Your experience.

I wasn't at all surprised to hear about Caitlin Ranch after my own 2019 experience over there. Folks just emptying magazines from lawn chairs by the side of the road.

Guessing this would actually be a swell year to hunt there what with the ammo shortage and all. Might only be blasting off five rounds at a time.

We got a side window of our pickup shot out about a mile out of white sulfer a couple years ago. Going full speed down the highway and the window just exploded.

We got a side window of our pickup shot out about a mile out of white sulfer a couple years ago. Going full speed down the highway and the window just exploded.
Hollleeee moly! Glad to hear that it was only the window that exploded! I was talking to a Helena old timer who said someone was killed by an errant round years ago in them parts while sitting in his parked truck. FWP ought to list this as a “body armor suggested” unit in the regs.

I think they must have cut tags and applications must have been up bc I had three points for buck antelope and for B and I put in for region 7 and didn’t get either Sharptails and trout are in trouble

Probably why they figure sulphur town was a good place to start the shoulder season fiasco. Only place i've had folks shoot at and over me trying to hit elk at 500+

Hunted goats around WSS a few times. Never went out on a weekend.

First time a in a few years I didn't get a buck tag, hopefully someone deserving got it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back