Montana Antelope Draw

dad and I struck out with 2 points in 700's... dang was really hoping to get something. Been that kind of year for me uffff

Drew a 700 either sex with a point, no B tag with two points. I’ve got a couple of days of vacation so I’m hoping to get one in the cooler early and then chase pheasants and sharpies. Don’t often get out to chase sharpies living in Missoula.

We got blanked as a family. Bummed out to not be chasing antelope this year. With the influx of new people into our great state, I imagine it’ll only get tougher to draw going forward.

When the population of animals can’t keep up with demand of the hunters there is always gonna be some disappointment. It’s gonna get worse.
Yup . Hunts that used to be annual hunts for both R and NR are now going to be every other or more . Really sad to see the direction things are going

But congratulations to all that drew ! Look forward to seeing speed goat pics this fall

Well first time applying and I drew a unit 510 either sex rifle tag. Woo hoo! First time with a rifle antelope tag.

For the FWP to actually cut tags in region 7 the counts must have been truly awful. Maybe not the best year to have a tag.
Yeah with the easy winters we have been having it’s border line astonishing for them to cut tags. Maybe someone actually counted a few this year. I just figured they flew around and drank beer per the usual Montana fwp management way

Yeah with the easy winters we have been having it’s border line astonishing for them to cut tags. Maybe someone actually counted a few this year. I just figured they flew around and drank beer per the usual Montana fwp management way
There seemed to be plenty of them last year when I bow hunted them in SE Montana. Could find them on most of the public land in the area I was hunting. Hopefully the drought hasn't dried all the water holes up for them.

Back