Caribou Gear

Montana Antelope Draw

Drew a 330 tag, new area and excited to go explore
Quite a few goats, TONS of goat hunters. I was shocked at how many people were down there opening day. On the interstate at 4 am from dillon and the 4 vehicles in front of me all turned off at Lima. Interesting experience to say the least. haha

Quite a few goats, TONS of goat hunters. I was shocked at how many people were down there opening day. On the interstate at 4 am from dillon and the 4 vehicles in front of me all turned off at Lima. Interesting experience to say the least. haha
Ain’t dat about a b!+<# 😂 I feel the same way when I’m on the road to go hunting.. 99.8% of other cars on the road is a hunter, presumably, and I’m always thinking don’t exit at mine don’t exit a whew… lmao

I drew in 341. Never hunted speed goats there, but I'm familiar enough with the area to at least have a few ideas on where to start. Any of you guys have any advice? Send a PM.

First time getting to chase an Antelope. 007-20 tag for me but no B tag. Had 3 points. Cant believe they cut the quota so much. Still confident I can fill my tag but it does make me wonder if the numbers are down.

First time getting to chase an Antelope. 007-20 tag for me but no B tag. Had 3 points. Cant believe they cut the quota so much. Still confident I can fill my tag but it does make me wonder if the numbers are down.
It’ll be easy to get a decent goat

Well first time applying and I drew a unit 510 either sex rifle tag. Woo hoo! First time with a rifle antelope tag.
Have you ever been in 510 very little public access to antelope in the unit. Maybe look at block management options if there are any.

Have you ever been in 510 very little public access to antelope in the unit. Maybe look at block management options if there are any.
Yeah I just realized that what I thought was 510 was actually 514, and I did my draw off the deer and elk map not realizing they were different. So I will be looking at knocking on some doors for a few days and offering any rancher trespass fees to shoot the first antelope I run across. Rookie mistake first time I had ever put in for Montana.

Yeah I just realized that what I thought was 510 was actually 514, and I did my draw off the deer and elk map not realizing they were different. So I will be looking at knocking on some doors for a few days and offering any rancher trespass fees to shoot the first antelope I run across. Rookie mistake first time I had ever put in for Montana.
Some nice antelope in there if your lucky enough to find access good luck.

Any advice on what area to head to in the 700s? This will be our first time there as well. It’s a HUGE region to scout and we have limited time! Thanks 👍
Stop at FWP Region 7 HQ in Miles City for info. 'Don't know the current numbers of antelope in Prairie County north and south of Terry, but there is a lot of BLM and other public land in that county, as well as some Block Management access.

Good luck to you. Be safe; be well.

BTW, where are you from? Put your location on the upper right hand under number of messages.

Any advice on what area to head to in the 700s? This will be our first time there as well. It’s a HUGE region to scout and we have limited time! Thanks 👍
Welcome to hunt talk .... so basically you put in for a tag with no plan ? Sounds about like the norm these days ... I’m not giving you a hard time , I hope you get a good antelope but here you are less than 2 weeks before the season opens on the internet looking for someone to setup a plan for you ... having said that ... pm me and I’ll try to help you out best I can !

I was through the SE part of MT about a month ago for work and was very surprised how few antelope i saw. Seems like over the past 5-6 years everytime i am out there i see fewer and fewer. Good luck and know the difference between the Type 1 & 2 BLM

Last edited:
I was through the SW part of MT about a month ago for work and was very surprised how few antelope i saw. Seems like over the past 5-6 years everytime i am out there i see fewer and fewer. Good luck and know the difference between the Type 1 & 2 BLM
What’s this have to do with region 7? 700s are SE Montana ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back