Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Antelope Draw

Drew my 650 tag, I hunted 700 twice before and was over the amount of road hunting and over pressure I was happy to look for an area with a lot fewer tags

No luck for me with 2 bonus points. At least it didn’t spoil my perfect record of getting shut out for all 9 Montana draws I applied for. Onward to archery elk season!

Did my homework, and looks like I had a bit of luck- I drew my resident 700-20 with 1 point, and my dad is coming out to hunt the NR tag he drew with 0 points. But he can't make the opener, so we'll be behind the 8-ball to fill his tag in this "limited access" unit. Guess we'll get to see how much I've learned from watching Randy.

Good luck to everybody- no matter what you're chasing!

Me and the wife drew three tags! Two does and a buck! She’s never hunted antelope before so we’re pretty excited! Been a great draw year…big game combo, elk B, and three antelope. Only missed on 1 buck antelope tags.

I didn’t draw any tags I applied for in Montana this season. Which means I will kill a good elk and possibly a nice buck. I am more successful and hunt hard when I don’t have a bunch of opportunities. Good luck to those that drew tags

Got email today Fwp fd up my surplus draw tag , imagine that , maybe made a speed goat mistake too

I didn’t realize residents still had a rough time drawing..? I’d never put in for antelope before- I picked a spot I saw a TON on different public pieces throughout the drive between big timber and billings. Not successful. Bummer.. maybe I’ll get to try antelope steak in 2022. Good luck to all that drew!

I drew my tag but I was almost more excited about the cabin I like to stay at having a vacancy for the opening weekend. I turned into that guy who doesn't like to camp anymore over the last couple years.

I can't figure out when the Montana Rifle Antelope draw results will be out. Can someone help me out? Hoping that I finally drew something this year, hasn't been a very lucky year haha
I hunted in MT for Pronghorn and loved the quality of game.

Back