PEAX Equipment

Montana Antelope Draw

When the shelter belt around the house looks like the dead of winter with no leaves on trees and the pasture looks like your counter top all from grasshoppers. People will be surprised when they come out. It isn’t like that everywhere but a lot of of places are scorched earth.

Let’s see what you got. Tis the season when internet posters tell paid professionals they are doing their job wrong.
I’m not sure what you are talking about but if you are talking about Montana’s wildlife biologists you may want to take a seat.

When the shelter belt around the house looks like the dead of winter with no leaves on trees and the pasture looks like your counter top all from grasshoppers. People will be surprised when they come out. It isn’t like that everywhere but a lot of of places are scorched earth.
Resized_20200828_155411.jpeg

Looks pretty lush to me.... that's supposed to be an irrigated hay bottom. I don't know how much worse it can get. I'd hate to be the guy sitting on 600 pairs with this kind of shit to feed them.

She needs to open up for a little TLC, or it's gonna look nuclear

View attachment 190396

Looks pretty lush to me.... that's supposed to be an irrigated hay bottom. I don't know how much worse it can get. I'd hate to be the guy sitting on 600 pairs with this kind of shit to feed them.

It gets worse in some places.

Wish I had a video of our bales from last year. Damn hoppers have ran out of things to eat so they are eating them. Walk up to a bale and everything is moving. Even ate the needles off our pine trees. Never seen that before
88FA2146-7AC3-4415-BE26-E0DCFC89AFBE.jpeg

I’m not sure what you are talking about but if you are talking about Montana’s wildlife biologists you may want to take a seat.
Just saying it’s a no-win. They increase tags to reduce risk of winter-kill and it’s too many. They reduce tags it isn’t enough and they are “keeping hunters from killing animals that would have died anyway” . We know the internet knows all.

Just saying it’s a no-win. They increase tags to reduce risk of winter-kill and it’s too many. They reduce tags it isn’t enough and they are “keeping hunters from killing animals that would have died anyway” . We know the internet knows all.
I’m not sure many have bitched about decreasing tags. You can’t control Mother Nature.

These two pictures were taken two weeks apart first one from this year second from last year. Two different kids too hah. And last year wasn’t a stellar year. In the first picture we haven’t even turned anything out on that. It just never grew. I think we’ve finally broke 3” of moisture since January 1st. C823FACC-9381-4A0E-BAEF-AEF896761045.jpeg
FBF802CE-71C9-49B0-B5F3-1C220B270D9B.jpeg

Last edited:
You would think one maybe 2 of the biologists at mtfwp would stand up and say what we are doing in Montana isn’t right for the wildlife. But they all continue to drink the kool-aid and cater to landowners with no regard to wildlife. Sad really.

View attachment 190396

Not much better up here! She... is... dry! On top of that we haven't had a sky clear of smoke in well over a month. Lots of crops are getting baled for feed because of slim to no yield and pastures are all brown.

Just tried to lookup results and got a notification saying that the draw was in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back