Montana 7X6...the Old Fashion Way

Too bad about those thirds :eek:

I can't keep a straight face long enough to hit send. Seriously, congrats on one of the coolest bulls I have ever seen! Have a great fall with your boys.

Wow... can't stop looking at those fronts!

Laffin', they're never quite perfect, but we shoot them anyway....grin! The first thing I saw when I got him in the spotting scope, were the long beams, and last three points(whale tail). I didn't have a lot of time to look at him as I had to really travel to get in front of them. I thought 360", but knew I was wrong when I walked up to him on the ground...usually, it's the exact opposite. Ground "gwowage" trumps ground shrinkage!

Pat,

Thats just a great bull...no other way to say it.

Congratulations!

As to going old school with the recurve, well, theres just some hunters that the choice of weapon really doesnt matter, they just flat get it done. I made the comment to my wife that you'd probably kill good animals with a slingshot if thats all you had.

Pat,

Thats just a great bull...no other way to say it.

Congratulations!

As to going old school with the recurve, well, theres just some hunters that the choice of weapon really doesnt matter, they just flat get it done. I made the comment to my wife that you'd probably kill good animals with a slingshot if thats all you had.
Truth in spades!

All I can say is.... WOW! What an incredible elk. Congrats and thank for posting some amazing pics! I dream of the day I can have just an opportunity to harvest a trophy like that! Once again.... congratulations!

Pat, me and the boys are thinking you lost about 20 pounds since the last picture of you the we saw. Looks like someone's hitting the iron with more than bullets these days!

Congrats Pat, that is one beautiful Bull! How long are those seconds???

Also... what broadhead did you flip outta that stick?? Just curious!

I would guess 22" on the right G2.

On the scoring, where to they mark the baseline for the measurement of the G5 with that extra palmation and point coming out the back? Would you still draw a line from along the main beam and measure from there or would you move up above that abnormal 6th point and start the line from there down to the main beam? Does that make sense? If so that abnormal point would end up costing you score twice.

Just curious on how that would score. Mass is a big number on that sucker for sure. I'm thinking 380" gross?

Thanks, Nathan

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back