Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Montana 2019 Spring Bear Season

I couldn't find anything other than it says it cannot be concealed without a permit but I am sure someone will post that knows for sure.
yeah, thats what i found as well. Pretty vague. ha. Just wanna make sure im a legal beagle out there.

just for clarification i couldnt find it in the regs anywhere. Whats the rule for being in a vehicle with a rifle? I was wondering if its similar to colorado where it has to be unloaded and in a hard or zipped case. Any info on that one?

Thats actually just on OHVs, aka, 4wheelers, you can have a rifle with rounds in the magazine, nothing in the chamber in a truck uncased.

As far as Montana goes I’m not aware of any casing regulations, and I’m not sure why anyone would have a round chambered in a long fun while driving any vehicle.

Last edited:
2. Montana Regulations:
Montana Attorney Web Site states the following:
“Montana has no prohibitions against carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle, although federal rules may apply in national parks.”

According to the AG you can carry a firearm inside your vehicle without a permit as long as it's not "concealed". The Definition of concealed in Montana is "wholly or partially covered by clothing or wearing apparel".

So firearms can be carried in vehicles as long as they are not concealed on one's person in the vehicle. So, you can carry a firearm in plain view, in the glove box, console box, or gun case

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/montana/711064-bringing-guns-into-montana.html#ixzz5n6XlPPvi

As far as rounds in the weapon while being transported, I am pretty sure everyone is onboard with unloading their rifle before putting it in the truck even if the law doesn't specifically state so. I won't allow otherwise in my vehicle

Hey everyone - new to the forums but planning my second Montana black bear hunt in a few weeks. Planning to go into the Bitterroot and glassing up south and east facing slopes. My initial approach is to pound the dirt and put some miles on my boots to get to a lot of different glassing spots; what other tips and tricks do you all use to find bears?

Hey everyone - new to the forums but planning my second Montana black bear hunt in a few weeks. Planning to go into the Bitterroot and glassing up south and east facing slopes. My initial approach is to pound the dirt and put some miles on my boots to get to a lot of different glassing spots; what other tips and tricks do you all use to find bears?
Sounds like your on the right path. Stick and stay and make it pay. Good luck

hows the snow looking up that way?
I forget which part of MT will you be hunting. I got my trip planned next week, trying to stay flexible. Hunted the little and big belts last year thought of going there again but looking at the live webcams at showdown ski hill the snow doesnt look pretty.

Oh the ticks! I transported a bear hide from Missoula to Helena in my car Saturday. It was stowed in a latched cooler and those damn things still found their way to me! The bear was covered in them.

I forget which part of MT will you be hunting. I got my trip planned next week, trying to stay flexible. Hunted the little and big belts last year thought of going there again but looking at the live webcams at showdown ski hill the snow doesnt look pretty.
I'll be in the libby area

I’ve found that keeping a loaded rifle sticking out of the passenger window is safer than inside. It’s also a lot easier to be “quick on the draw” should Yogi run across the road.🙄
Don't forget to have the passenger hold your beer while you shoot. Lol

As far as rounds in the weapon while being transported, I am pretty sure everyone is onboard with unloading their rifle before putting it in the truck even if the law doesn't specifically state so. I won't allow otherwise in my vehicle
You would think most people would be on the same page. Don't think that's quite the norm

Thats actually just on OHVs, aka, 4wheelers, you can have a rifle with rounds in the magazine, nothing in the chamber in a truck uncased.

As far as Montana goes I’m not aware of any casing regulations, and I’m not sure why anyone would have a round chambered in a long fun while driving any vehicle.
I gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to throw a soft case in my luggage. Not crazy about my rifle riding around in a pelican bouncing around in the bed on forest service roads in montana.

The passenger is holding the rifle. Duh. Also drinking and driving is dangerous so it’s not a good idea to allow the driver to hold the beer. Safety first.

That's why every driver who drinks needs one of these...

Unfortunately it is not available in Hunter orange at this time :-/

Some components of road hunting black bear from the passenger (or driver) turret position are not capable to forget.
Now what if both driver and passenger turrets go live at the same time sighting of a Yogi???
Quick rock, paper, scissors? Or does it default to the nut cooler? Expect the best, prepare for the worst... N I ain't spill'n no PBer on muh lap.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back