MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana 2019 Spring Bear Season

Finally headed out in the am looking for a Bear !! My wife is excited and ready to roll !!
Good luck to those headed out this weekend !

MT.PERCHMAN
Good luck! After watching the snow melt and looking at my schedule I decided to head west next Tuesday night. Hopefully the snow keeps melting and we can find some good places to glass. It's a fly by the seat of our pants kind of hunt. See where we end up!

Good luck! After watching the snow melt and looking at my schedule I decided to head west next Tuesday night. Hopefully the snow keeps melting and we can find some good places to glass. It's a fly by the seat of our pants kind of hunt. See where we end up!
Sometimes that's just the Best trip you could ever have ! Best of Luck to you !!

MT.PERCHMAN

Spotted a nice black one at about 2:15 today just couldnt connect. The wife wants to head right back up there and look again tomorrow!!
We still cant get to our honey hole , almost a foot and half of snow still ..

MT.PERCHMAN

Got stood up by our bear last night. Went to the same area again tonight and spotted a different bear but was too far away, yet again. Saw a little pile of elk and spotted some good ridges that might hold horns. Plenty of ticks, still finding them now. Will head out after work again tomorrow night, probably to a different spot.

Hey everyone - new to the forums but planning my second Montana black bear hunt in a few weeks. Planning to go into the Bitterroot and glassing up south and east facing slopes. My initial approach is to pound the dirt and put some miles on my boots to get to a lot of different glassing spots; what other tips and tricks do you all use to find bears?
Depending on where you will be hunting, there's some road closures to deal with on the East side. mtmuley

Well what a weekend ! Saturday we seen a nice one and it didnt work out . Sunday headed out and looked for him for half the day . He just give us the slip I guess . On the way out in the truck my wife yells bear !!

There was a little one just bouncing around grabbing grass like crazy . It was fun to watch but it was short he must of got a whiff of us or something and he took off like a scared rabbit .
We were on the main road headed home and all of a sudden a Mt.Lion jetted across the road maybe 75 to 80 yards ahead of us . I hit the brakes and we both watched him climb the rocks with ease ! It's only the second one we have ever seen . What a great ending to a nice weekend ! Excited to see next weekend already !

MT.PERCHMAN

When y'all find a good looking area with sign, Is it better to glass for a little while and move onto another spot or sit on it a couple hours.

Hey everyone - new to the forums but planning my second Montana black bear hunt in a few weeks. Planning to go into the Bitterroot and glassing up south and east facing slopes. My initial approach is to pound the dirt and put some miles on my boots to get to a lot of different glassing spots; what other tips and tricks do you all use to find bears?
Stay close to water, this time of years bears are eating and drinking. This can be a daunting task as there are lots of creeks and tanks everywhere, but if you can find one with sign, the bear isn’t far. Find the greenest and longest grass and be patient. Also, yellow flowers are a good sign. Play the wind and move slow, good luck and stay safe!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back