Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Montana 2019 Spring Bear Season

When y'all find a good looking area with sign, Is it better to glass for a little while and move onto another spot or sit on it a couple hours.
If you can hang around till the last few hrs of the day it will be best . If its completely secluded you might get lucky in the day time . Stay far enough away to keep your scent away from them .

MT.PECHMAN

2 Bears spotted today. One was what I would say was a good bear. The other looked small. Couldn't get to either one stupid locked gates.

When y'all find a good looking area with sign, Is it better to glass for a little while and move onto another spot or sit on it a couple hours.
I'm pretty mobile when I got I can't spend more then a couple hours glassing 1 hill. Some of my buddies give me a hard time about it. A couple of them can literally sit for 13 hours. I can't do that shit.

2 Bears spotted today. One was what I would say was a good bear. The other looked small. Couldn't get to either one stupid locked gates.
Just seeing bears makes the day. They'll be moving on.

Headed out in the am !
Time to find one for the Wife !!
Good luck to all that hit the trail tomorrow!

MT.PERCHMAN
[/QUOTE

Good luck perch get your bride on one already! Haha she's more then paid her dues. I got a feeling tomorrow something's gonna happen.

Buy a bicycle! My hunting partner killed a bear on Monday. It was an amazing hunt. We parked at a gated road and rode our bikes out about an hour. Glassed up a bear almost immediately and after about 3 hours of playing cat and mouse we had a bear down. Can't wait to fill my tag!

Well day one zero bears, but we missed the prime hours when we overestimated our ability to drive thru some snow. Rear end kept trying to slide of the rode into the drainage. Got within an inch or so. Today's a new day!

So I had keyed into an area I thought looked good via onx, when we checking into the forest service cabin we bumped into some workers and they said there was not many black bears. Anyone had or known of anyone with success in the area north of highway 200 near Lincoln. I known there are Grizzlies but it looks like great black bear habitat.

So I had keyed into an area I thought looked good via onx, when we checking into the forest service cabin we bumped into some workers and they said there was not many black bears. Anyone had or known of anyone with success in the area north of highway 200 near Lincoln. I known there are Grizzlies but it looks like great black bear habitat.
there is good black bear hunting in the area, just about any drainage . but make no mistake there are no shortage of the grizzlies in some of the areas.

Dont give up . They are there just keep hunting!
Best of Luck to you guys !

MT.PERCHMAN

Well spent yesterday dodging the rain and hiking the gated roads . No bear but found scat !! Yahoo getting close again . It was hanging around 50 51 most of the day. We finally got past the snow to get to our honey hole to find nothing in sight . It was the 17th last year when we found the mother load of scat on the one gated road.
Not sure if we are just a bit early this year or the heavy snow pack just changed up things .
We will be back at on Sunday !
Good Luck all !!

MT.PERCHMAN

I have been following this thread for a while now. Just want to say thanks too everyone that shared information. Thanks! I spent 6 day up in libby area, missed the only bear we seen. A little disappointed in bear sightings, but had an absolute blast with my brother and dad. I'll definitely be back next spring, maybe this fall. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back