Miracles, Redheads and Rare Birds!

DRAFTSTUD

Right off the bat let me say I wished I had Mtmiller along yesterday for pictures! My Buddy's son who was diagnosed with a Brain Eating Amoeba has been testing a new experimental drug for the military to combat a sure fire deadly infection that has caused him to face death in 6 months. The Meds were given to him and he saw a 25% reduction 2 weeks ago, yesterday when we arrived at my buddy's house his wife came out with tears in here eyes saying the drug had killed the "Bugs"! Wow, there have only been 3 survivors that I have read about with this infection, so this is a great thing for the young man, but also for future people infected with these Amoebas!
He has lost some vision and is Dyslexic along with the feelings in his hands has greatly diminished, having burned himself on the stove without knowing it. But we are all looking forward to the 6 weeks of follow ups in Houston and Atlanta.
My son and I went to go on a Duck hunt with them yesterday down at Rockport, TX near Aransas. Home of the Whooping Cranes. This is where Craig needed to be with us! After a 30 minute Airboat ride in high winds and water splashes we arrived at our blind. As we were shooting Redheads and Pintails we heard a bunch of weird calls, looking behind us was a couple of adult Whooping Cranes in the marsh grass maybe 100 yards behind us. To me it was as if I was staring at a T-Rex! At one time there were only 21 of these birds and though a very well coordinated effort by the Feds and Canada there seems to be around 600 of these magnificent Birds.
The wind was so bad when we left we had to take the long way though the marsh passages to stay out of the wind. That part of the trip was worth the Guide Fee for me! All of the Waterfowl and all of the Family Groups of Whoopers we saw, some only 75 yards away was just amazing. Public Lands, not just for Ranchers and Billionaires!!! John

PS: So sorry for lack of pictures, I had no Idea what I was going to witness!

Great to hear about the result with the new drug. Hopefully he's on the road to recovery.

Looking forward to positive updates in the near future, that will be the continued thoughts and prayers. Congrats on the birds and the time with family and friends!

It's a miracle indeed. I often think that modern medicine is God's hand at work. Thanks for the update and we will continue to pray for him. Please give a follow up soon.

Medicine + prayer > (greater than) medicine alone.

I love watching miracles happen.

That's amazing. It is great to hear. Hopefully he can have a full recovery.

On the Whooping Cranes, I can vaguely remember being a youngster and taking day trips down to Aransas to see them. I didn't realize that their population had grown so much. That is good to.

If only we had pictures:p

That's amazing. It is great to hear. Hopefully he can have a full recovery.

On the Whooping Cranes, I can vaguely remember being a youngster and taking day trips down to Aransas to see them. I didn't realize that their population had grown so much. That is good to.

If only we had pictures:p

I know! Pictures and having a Camera handy will be a big deal from now on! LOL John

Great news. Truly amazing.

Also cool on the whoopers. I would love to see one some day.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back